logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Gree's Commando's
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:16 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've been play testing Senate commandos and I really like them in 100pt and 150pt games. Here's a squad I'm hoping will be competitive at 200pt.

--Gree's Commando's 200--
29 Captain Argyus
20 Commander Gree
100 Senate Commando x5
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Wicket
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(199pts. 15 activations)

No beatsticks and no Mas Ameda. Use Doombot to drag the Senate Commandos around the map for a double twin for 30 dmg a hit, and depending on the ideal situations, they can have a +21 attack due to Gree + Wicket + Crowd Fighting. You can drag Wicket around with R2 and get your traps to work wonders as well. Gungan Shield bearer makes it so that the enemy will want to go melee or at least come in close for their lightning or pushes, which works great for the Senate Commandos due to their Crowd Fighting granted by Argyus. This squad is made up of lots of mid hitpoint shooters and Senate Commandos have enough HP and defense to survive a while. I really like senate commando's stats, since their base +9 attack is not bad by itself and 18 defense is good for a 20pt mini. They have been great minis to use every time I've played them with Gree and hopefully this squad can be competitive at 200pts. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Gree's Commando's
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:25 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

I dont think you need gree with this squad, personally id rather have Yularen for the Opportunist.. and Go with Queen Amidala for Mobile Attack. You can swap Gree for Yularen.. Drop the Shieldbearer for Queen Amidala.. The Rapport will make the Commandos 19 Giving you and extra 5 points... With that you gain mobile attack and you already have twin making ur commandos survive much longer. Save 1 late in the round for doombot to tow so u can get the double twin off. I would possibly just cut 1 ugnaught and spend the 8 pts on an R7 for double override.

Or you could just swap gree for yularen and shield bearer for jar jar may be slightly better than the shieldbeare since its versus everything... idk though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The problem with yularen is you dont always have the shot for opportunist then your stuck at +9 needing 15s to hit 20d characters in cover. The best pump honestly is to but gowk in he can handle opposing shooters while you have 3 commandos mobiling behind him killing things. Without gowk id ssay stick with gree i do think 5 is too many commandos and that mobile would be better over the shield you really wouldnt need both. With the remaining points you can really just costumize what you want should be 5-15ish points for something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think that Gree is a good and creative choice...well done! As stated, Yularen's Opportunist boost won't come into play all that often. General Skywalker's Momentum, on the other hand, would stack with Close Quarters Fighting, and it turns the Comms into +17 for 80dmg chargers. However, that's a different build entirely. Therefore, without considering GOWK (who costs 55pts), I think Gree is the next best way to boost your Commandos.

And personally, I always use Queen Amidala with the Commandos, because taking 0 dmg on a mobile twin is better than standing still and getting hit back. The Commandos' 50 hp is good, but with the heavy damage output of so many squads, it disappears quickly. Furthermore, I know of very few players who will place an important piece out in front of your 30dmg quad-shooters. :)

You can still use R2 to tow a Commando up for an important 120dmg, though, so it's not like you won't get a chance to make the big attacks.