35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Dengar, Hired Killer
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Zuckuss sticks a fig for Vader to swap into and kill, or Dengar can do a nasty Final Shot. Ozzel for pacing, Brutes for swap fodder, Thrawn takes init down, and zuckuss can negate that unexpected 1.

Post subject: Re: Swapping Death Shop
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:35 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Ozzel with only 10 activations behind him is a bit of a waste of 11 points, IMO. An opposing squad with Dodonna or San Hill, or even an opposing Ozzel could match or beat your activations quite easily, especially at 200 points, and then you're going to be in trouble. Besides, I don't see you really needing to out-activate to guarantee the Oppurtunist. Once Zuckuss has pinned the enemy piece in place, it is only a matter of time until it must be activated, at which point you run up a swapper, switch in Vader, and obliterate the hapless target. I would drop Ozzel for more Brutes/Uggies and perhaps a Camaasi for Gambit stealing.

I'm also not such a big fan of Dengar. Final Shot is okay, but without Accurate or Sniper he's going to be wasting it on Mice or Evading Ugnaughts more often than not and, even if you do pull it off, he's pretty much defenceless unless you waste the swap on him instead of Vader. I don't know what I'd replace him with, though... Arica, perhaps? She's worked for me before in similar squads.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 am 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

Draconarius wrote:
Ozzel with only 10 activations behind him is a bit of a waste of 11 points, IMO. An opposing squad with Dodonna or San Hill, or even an opposing Ozzel could match or beat your activations quite easily, especially at 200 points, and then you're going to be in trouble. Besides, I don't see you really needing to out-activate to guarantee the Oppurtunist. Once Zuckuss has pinned the enemy piece in place, it is only a matter of time until it must be activated, at which point you run up a swapper, switch in Vader, and obliterate the hapless target. I would drop Ozzel for more Brutes/Uggies and perhaps a Camaasi for Gambit stealing.

I'm also not such a big fan of Dengar. Final Shot is okay, but without Accurate or Sniper he's going to be wasting it on Mice or Evading Ugnaughts more often than not and, even if you do pull it off, he's pretty much defenceless unless you waste the swap on him instead of Vader. I don't know what I'd replace him with, though... Arica, perhaps? She's worked for me before in similar squads.

I haven't actually used Dengar yet, and wanted to see what he was all about. That's why opted for him. I agree 10 Activations is weak, but thats just how the squad turned out based on the choices i made.

As for Ozzel, I haven't really decided on him yet.. Ive ran LV swap with 10 activations before and its fared ok..actually won a tourney with it. I don't have to worry about Dodonna as noone really runs rebels.. If I were planning on taking this to a new store i would bump the acts to about 12-14 as you suggested.. most likely by swapping Dengar for Dash, dropping Ozzel, and running 2 more brutes, a mouse, and a caamasi noble.

Again just testing out Dengar, and really not worried how the squad fares.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

as good as dash can be, i never like running him without someway to boost his attack/survivability. Swap helps but don't count on his +10 pea shooter.

Dengar is a fun piece, if he can't Final shot, then maybe he can atleast opportunist (which helps with his mediocre attack). but I would agree that Ozzel doesn't help much when you've only got 10 acts. I'd drop him for a couple more scrubs (caamasi + 2 Rodians maybe)

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY