35 Zuckuss
23 Captain Panaka
24 Jariah Syn
15 Rodian Brute x5
09 R2, Astromech Droid
09 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
08 Mas Amedda
05 Camaasi Noble x1

The idea is straight forward. Zuckuss pins down two targets each round, and the brutes allow for Windu to be swapped pretty much wherever he needs to be. I'm tempted to dump Jariah for Lando and 2 more brutes, but play testing will bear out what needs to happen.

The other idea, I'm less excited about:

84 Exar Kun
57 Darth Sidious
35 Zuckuss
27 Lobot
18 Rodian Brute x6
06 Mouse Droid x2

Fewer activations to start with, and to be honest my standard reinforcements would probably be something like Gran Raider, Human Bodyguard, Noble. Exar Kun gets to swap in and then transfer out. Or vice-versa. Also, swapping negates an enemy Zuckuss.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Bait and Switch
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Obviously, Gen Windu is the more offensive piece, but I wonder if Flobi would be a better choice there? Saves you a couple points, gets a much more survivable commander, but also gives the Extra Attack to Panaka as well. Then you could possibly go with Lando DS and a TBSV instead of Jariah and some of your other filler. That way, both Lando and the TBSV get Double/GMA. My only other problem with squads like this, is that I don't know how often Zuckuss will actually get to use both Attacks. If you Intuition into position, then make both attacks, you'll almost certainly have to use your Swap just to get him to safety. That's still at least 1 or 2 activations that Zuckuss will be sitting there to take a pounding from an opposing shooter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:08 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I like both squads (nice to see Gen. Windu), but I think I like the 2nd one better.
It has some interesting options for customizing depending on what the opponent brings.

I'm not really looking at it from a meta perspective though ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:12 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

LoboStele wrote:
Obviously, Gen Windu is the more offensive piece, but I wonder if Flobi would be a better choice there? Saves you a couple points, gets a much more survivable commander, but also gives the Extra Attack to Panaka as well. Then you could possibly go with Lando DS and a TBSV instead of Jariah and some of your other filler. That way, both Lando and the TBSV get Double/GMA. My only other problem with squads like this, is that I don't know how often Zuckuss will actually get to use both Attacks. If you Intuition into position, then make both attacks, you'll almost certainly have to use your Swap just to get him to safety. That's still at least 1 or 2 activations that Zuckuss will be sitting there to take a pounding from an opposing shooter.

I'm not positive with a swap squad, but in general, I've found that Zuckuss remaining in los is only an issue against opposing accurate shot. And very little of the accurate shooters are able to kill him in two activations. Further, the timing for doing a double (vs moving away) is based on when your other threats are already in place. So the opponent has to choose, do some damage to Zuckuss way in the back, or deal with the immediate threat about to pounce on their now stuckuss piece. I really don't think double Zuckuss (like I said, haven't ran the double with swap yet) is a bad plan. I've done double a couple of times in Rep and OR and it's not been an issue.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29