logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The order of one: Testing Darth Krayt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Normally, I would use Bloomilk to record these costs first, but as I don't have that reliably, trail and error will have to be my friend right now. XD

Darth Krayt 76
Jereal 23
2 Twilik Black Sun Vigo 36
Dashing Lando 18
Czerka Scientist 13
Sidious Hologram 11
R7 8
3 mouse droids 9
2 Uggie: 6

200 13 activations

In theory, sticking and shooting sounds good, throught of using Zuckuss, but selected Jereal instead for quad activation control. Hehehe.

My costing may be off, so feel free to correct me. ^^

Other ideas is including Jearal

Last edited by Wysten on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The order of one: Testing Darth Krayt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

Wysten wrote:
Normally, I would use Bloomilk to record these costs first, but as I don't have that reliably, trail and error will have to be my friend right now. XD

Darth Krayt 76
Dash Rendar RS 28
Jereal 23
2 Twilik Black Sun Vigo 36
Sidious Hologram 11
R7 8
2 mouse droids 6
4 Uggie: 12

199 12 activations

In theory, sticking and shooting sounds good, throught of using Zuckuss, but selected Jereal instead for quad activation control. Hehehe.

My costing may be off, so feel free to correct me. ^^

Other ideas is including Jearal

First off its 13 acts not 12 :P
and ur at 200 pts.

Regardless.. I would drop Dash and 1 Ugnaught.

Dash only really shines in the sith when you use him with malak for the +4 bonus

Then add 1 more Twilek Vigo. and a Czerka Scientist.. Instead of having to wait with Dash til late in the round you will now have 4 chances to hit with your vigos seeing as u have double twin on all 3 now. U have a FP reroll, and the vigos can shoot early in hopes of getting off that nasty jolt. Increasing ur damage instantly on all consecutive attacks. Jarael is obviously ur interference piece in the squad.. and quad attacking GMA beast. Which she will be rather effective at with the renewal she gains. i would also consider dropping 1 more ugnaught in favor of a 3rd mouse.. just in case u need to throw one out front to stop a shot at jarael if she doesnt make her saves easily. Krayt is great at killing fodder with the lightning and his crab armor gives him some nice survivability.. but i wouldnt rush him out into the fray until a few of the more damaging figures have been killed in the opponents squad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 pm 
Guardian of the Old Republic

I like the squad as-is, the only switch I would make is drop a Vigo for Lando DS. That would give you a follower with almost identical stats/abilities to the Vigo who can actually use Krayt's Commander Effect.

Hope that helps. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

On a somewhat related note:

Darth Krayt is the current mini in the Fun With Squad Building thread :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Sith_Asassyn wrote:

First off its 13 acts not 12 :P
and ur at 200 pts.

Regardless.. I would drop Dash and 1 Ugnaught.

Dash only really shines in the sith when you use him with malak for the +4 bonus

Then add 1 more Twilek Vigo. and a Czerka Scientist.. Instead of having to wait with Dash til late in the round you will now have 4 chances to hit with your vigos seeing as u have double twin on all 3 now. U have a FP reroll, and the vigos can shoot early in hopes of getting off that nasty jolt. Increasing ur damage instantly on all consecutive attacks. Jarael is obviously ur interference piece in the squad.. and quad attacking GMA beast. Which she will be rather effective at with the renewal she gains. i would also consider dropping 1 more ugnaught in favor of a 3rd mouse.. just in case u need to throw one out front to stop a shot at jarael if she doesnt make her saves easily. Krayt is great at killing fodder with the lightning and his crab armor gives him some nice survivability.. but i wouldnt rush him out into the fray until a few of the more damaging figures have been killed in the opponents squad.

Hmmm, very interesting ideas, I forgot about the scientist, perhaps she will be a very good option, considering the insane activating I could do. I honestly forgot the Vigo could activate. Which in turn actually makes Dash pretty good. If a bit lower in attack and commander effect.

Rather then go for a Vigo, I will probably go with Joelker41's suggestion of using Lando, that sounds easpically sweet as Lando also gains activation due to scientist and can double attack for 40 when he can afford to stand still. Only thing is I am a bit weary of using so many low health figures, not sure whether two Vigo and Jereal is enough reason to run a slightly bulker, if somewhat haphazard shooter.

Still, trial and error, mainly made this squad for a laugh since I was looking at Darth, but now it looks pretty sweet. The only thing I could make better is to go for Jet Pack Obi. Though the force points will make everything that much harder hitting and taking. Hehehe And thanks for confirming the points cost and activations, sounds like my mathmatics is still working well dispite course work messing with my head. If not my actual grammer. Hehehe

swinefeld wrote:
On a somewhat related note:

Darth Krayt is the current mini in the Fun With Squad Building thread :)

Seriously? Never knew. ^^; I will edit this squad up and post it there when I get the moment.

Last edited by Wysten on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm 

Wysten wrote:
Rather then go for a Vigo, I will probably go with Joelker41's suggestion of using Lando, that sounds easpically sweet as Lando also gains activation due to scientist and can double attack for 40 when he can afford to stand still.

Lando gets Greater Mobile from the Twilek and Extra from Krayt, that is why I suggested him as a cheap shooter that can benefit from both CEs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

joelker41 wrote:
Wysten wrote:
Rather then go for a Vigo, I will probably go with Joelker41's suggestion of using Lando, that sounds easpically sweet as Lando also gains activation due to scientist and can double attack for 40 when he can afford to stand still.

Lando gets Greater Mobile from the Twilek and Extra from Krayt, that is why I suggested him as a cheap shooter that can benefit from both CEs.

Ahhh, true enough, that is basically Dash Rander RS cheap. Heheheh, I definately need to get hold of one of him sometime. And another Vigo, and Krayt... This may take a while to get hold of. XD I really appreate the suggestions. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:22 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

oh i forgot krayt is followers.. he wont work with the vigos.. Completely spaced that aspect.. dee dee dee :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I still have Lando and Jereal, so they gain benfit. I kind of like running two Vigos, since even if one dies, they still have greater mobile and don't lose that much damage potencial. ^^