55 Grand Master Yoda
29 Captain Argyus
76 Senate Commando x4
16 Queen Amidala
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 13 activations)

So I think this may be about as good as this style of squad gets. It is my contention that the Senate Commando is the most cost effective 30 damage shooter produced to date. For a mere 20 pts (19 with Rapport) you get +9 attack for 30 damage with double attack. On a piece with a fairly high defense and Mid-Range hit points. The synergy being provided in this case allows for the Senate Commandos to shoot at range with a mobile +12 for 30 Twin Attack, and should they be involved in melee they may shoot at +16 for 30 up to 4 times. This squad's biggest weakness is a lack of Tempo Control. Suggestions for improvements or thoughts on other options?

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Muppet Senate
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:33 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Looks really good. I don't think the tempo control is that big of an issue. 13 acts is pretty respectable, unless you're really afraid of or used to seeing Dodonna/Hill squads.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
--Muppet Senate--
55 Grand Master Yoda
29 Captain Argyus
76 Senate Commando x4
16 Queen Amidala
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 13 activations)

So I think this may be about as good as this style of squad gets. It is my contention that the Senate Commando is the most cost effective 30 damage shooter produced to date. For a mere 20 pts (19 with Rapport) you get +9 attack for 30 damage with double attack. On a piece with a fairly high defense and Mid-Range hit points. The synergy being provided in this case allows for the Senate Commandos to shoot at range with a mobile +12 for 30 Twin Attack, and should they be involved in melee they may shoot at +16 for 30 up to 4 times. This squad's biggest weakness is a lack of Tempo Control. Suggestions for improvements or thoughts on other options?

Yep, it's a solid squad. I like using the Commandos with General Skywalker too (+8/+10 with opportunist and kung-fu fighting), though they will be less effective at range that way. I do think Yoda ends up being the better choice, since he lasts longer and has more tactical options than General Anakin...and the defense boost to the commandos is solid.

However, I think you may be off with your points calculation. The squad as you describe it comes out at 204 points. Amidala's Rapport only works on Republic non-unique followers. Therefore I'd suggest your filler be 1 Mouse, 1 Ug, and 1 Youngling (gains mobile and costs 1 less) to put you at 199 pts, with 11 activations. You might want to drop the Youngling for another Mouse or Ug, though, depending on what you think you'll need.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The squad is at the right cost 204-4(senate Commandosx4)=200. Amidala's Rapport is -1 for every republic non-unique. That means the squad is -4 making it a even 200. Tint you might want to add up a squad and add in rapport before posting your silly comments :D.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:58 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
I like the possibilities, it works well both as a melee squad and a ranged squad, arguyus is very good in what he does.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:43 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

jonnyb815 wrote:
The squad is at the right cost 204-4(senate Commandosx4)=200. Amidala's Rapport is -1 for every republic non-unique. That means the squad is -4 making it a even 200. Tint you might want to add up a squad and add in rapport before posting your silly comments :D.

Okay, well if that's the case, then SW MiniManager is not factoring in the Rapport for the Senate Commandos yet. :P I don't do the adding...I let the program do that for me. :) The WotC forums are down right now, so I can't make note of this right now; hopefully I'll remember when they're back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Would the squad play better by dropping Yoda, and adding in Jolee Bindo, Another Senate commando and 13 points of filler, say 1 youngling 2 ugs and a mouse?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:46 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

No your at a 11 act and yoda in there as a beat is great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

If anything, I would swap out Yoda for General Anakin. Otherwise, leave it as is. Yoda's CE is really just gravy. It helps the commandos, but it's his offense and tricks that make him worth the points. General Anakin would work in exactly the same way for these guys, just changing up some of the strategy mainly. You won't need momentum in many cases anyways with 30dmg twin attackers, but it's nice when you do. But again, it's really anakin's offensive tricks that make him worth it.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29