logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: my first true attempt at vong...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:55 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

warmaster 63
ossus guardian 26
ossus guardian 26
vong shaper 21
yomin carr 19
praetorite vong priest 18
advance agent officer 11
advance agent scout 6
uggie demo 3
uggie demo 3
mouse droid 3

well i really wanted to try my hands at vong squad so this is it my first vong squad as a real try. first off i would like to mention that i know that it is low activations for a 200 pt squad but i wanted to give vong a try. so to start i would like to say how well my bonuses affect my ossus guardians and warmaster not to mention all the vong i guess. the guardians after all the bonuses attack at 26 for 60 plus the poison save you have to make if the enemy fails they take an extra 10 so against jedi with momentum cunning shaper and scarifacation with poison from a succesful twin they do 140 each warmaster 150 after all of his attacks plus all the others benefit from each other, so tell me what you think...

Post subject: Re: my first true attempt at vong...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:10 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Okay, well it's a good start. 1 big problem you face is your bonus figs are fragile. And you havew a lot of gimicks that your trying to make work.

I would recommend sacrificing either Yomin, or the Priest. The priest would be my preference becasue of the within 6 SA, Yomin is a CE that a mouse can spread, and with spit gives you a 50/50 chance. He also synergizes with the Officer who proivides cunning. More use from the mouse that way.

Once you have decided which of them stays or goes, allows some options. Either one you decide I would brign in a bodyguard, which ever you perfer, 10 points for a Twilek, or 11 for a shooting Human. Goal? Protect the shaper as it keeps clsoe to the guardians and or the warmaster. Bring in a couple more mouse droids. On a squad like this 1 isn't enough. Like the shaper they will have bullseyes on them, and are not immune to grip and other force powers. Again depending on who you swapped out will determine what you do from here.

Here are a couple examples, (still using your base build with some adjustments) I'm not a fan of Advance Scouts without Nom Anor, but they are in your original build and I wanted to keep it close to that. And it has 14 activations in it now, not too bad a number.

Warmaster 63
ossus guardian x2 52
vong shaper 21
yomin carr 19
advance agent officer 11
Twilek Bodyguard 10
Advance Scout x2 12
uggie demo x2 6
mouse droid x3 9

Another idea, not as close to your original, but follows the same theme; This is a bloomilk squad of mine called Lah's expert Hunters. Only 12 activations, but it has 2 priests, and a HBG for each of them, and a pair of mice to spread Lah's CE around the field, and all of these characters have enough HP for hte Priests effect to have some work. The bodyguards are for the priest, and they can shoot if you need them too.

Warmaster 63
Ossus Guardian 26
Jedi Hunter x2 40
Priest x2 36
Human Bodyguard x2 22
Uggie Demo x2 6
Mouse x2 6

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:28 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Why am I such a nerd? Mouse Droids with Vong just irks me. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Kotagg wrote:

Vong may hate the droids, and Amish hate technology too. But this is a game and you do what you gotta do.

Member of the SWMRAC

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:45 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Kotagg wrote:

I know the feeling. It bugs me too, but I still manage to throw in a couple of them for the sake of the game, along with an R7 AMD.

As for the squad, I like it. However I dislike Warmaster. As a Vong player, I know for a fact that you would be better off without him. I'd lose him and add in some Override to help you set up, and a Bodyguard for your Priest/Shaper. That would leave you enough left over for another Ossus Guardian, Jedi Hunter, and Mouse Droids, thus solving all of your problems. Lose Warmaster if you wanna win.

GVL Statistics: 5-1 Record, 7.5 VPs & 9 BPs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I disagree. I think at 200 points, a 2 or 3 door control pieces is plenty, uggies or otherwise. And that's all due to the legal maps. You just don't need that much like you do at other levels where there are more maps with more door issues. I also like that the Warmaster has the hp so that scarification can have some life. He also lets those twin attacking allies of his get a momentum bonus, which helps a lot too.

Member of the SWMRAC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:08 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

dalsiandon wrote:
I disagree. I think at 200 points, a 2 or 3 door control pieces is plenty, uggies or otherwise. And that's all due to the legal maps. You just don't need that much like you do at other levels where there are more maps with more door issues. I also like that the Warmaster has the hp so that scarification can have some life. He also lets those twin attacking allies of his get a momentum bonus, which helps a lot too.

I would agree. The Warmaster is an underrated Vong piece IMHO. He's perfect in a 200 squad with a Shaper, Priest and/or Twin Attacking Vong.