18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
12 Antarian Ranger
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

Greater Mobile, Momentum, lots of attacks, and the ability to really move makes this squad fun, aggressive, and pretty effective. Tell me what you think.

Last edited by lonescout on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Generals
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Just a suggestion, people will comment more if you copy the squad to the thread.

Since I also saw it on WotC, I will comment here, but in the future, please copy the actual squad here, most people don't want to click to bloomilk links to see it :) Take that as helpful friendly advice.

As to the squad, I like what you are doing with it. My main question is whether or not the TBSV is worth it over Panaka. I think swapping would do you more good here, which would also give you room for something other than Jarael. Its not that a GM quad, momentum attacking Jarael is a bad idea, it's just I am not sure you can make good use of Obi and Anakin without the swap.

But it might work pretty well against most things, and I like that it's essencially an all melee squad that will put up a good fight against most things. 10 square triple momentum from Anakin, and a 10 quad from Jarael is nothing to sneeze at, especially with R2. It's too bad Obi doesn't benefit from Anakin. Perhaps it's better to drop Obi in this case. Maybe use his points for Panaka and Rex, or Panaka and another attacker. JWMs with momentum assaults are powerful, as would a Dark Woman Dash Combo be.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Thanks Bill. I posted the squad above so everyone can see it in the future. I also like what you said about the squad, and there is also another version I already made dropping Jarael, Twi'lek and Antarian for Rex and Panaka. I liked your idea of using Jedi Weapon Masters with General skywalker. I'll have to play around with the squad a little more. In the meantime, I'll post the other squad I made in another post, and this time I'll make sure I post the squad and not just the link :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, this is a good squad. I can think of so many options I want to try with General Skywalker, and the TBSV/Jarael combo is definitely near the top. General Skywalker with Ahsoka, Dash, and JWMs (Momentum-Cleave combined with Assault and/or Sweep is a beautiful thing!) is another. Momentum is such a useful SA to give to a melee-centric faction!

I do think Flobi and Ani work really well together, but you do need to build around the two of them together, or else I'm afraid they won't be worth their combined 113 points. If you can't build around both together, then I'm thinking with Bill that it's best to drop one of them in order to get more bang for your buck. Speaking of buck, that reminds me of another Anakin combo I want to play with: Yobuck with Momentum. :)

Thanks for posting your squad. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:23 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

You may want to look at my modified squad posted under "Captain of Generals." I'm curious as to what you think of the way I tweaked it with the help of maverick on Bloomilk.

Anyway, I've been having a ton of fun trying to come up with squads built around General Skywalker. He will likely be my favorate version of Anakin the Republic has to offer.

Thanks for the comment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I am pleased to report that this squad is similar to a slightly different version of which Bill states as being one of the strongest in the 200 point meta. Bill's Version (I hope that you don't mind I'm posting your squad Bill):

--The Flying Jedi Circus X2--
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
47 General Skywalker
23 Jarael
11 Wookiee Scoundrel
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Bespin Guard
4 Gran Raider
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 12 activations)

Bill's squad has a better shooter than my Antarian Ranger, but as I look at this build I would say a Tusken Raider Scout would do wonders in there as well.

My personal latest version of this squad is:

--Generals 2.0--
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
47 General Skywalker
23 Jarael
11 Tusken Raider Scout
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
9 Mouse Droid x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 13 activations)