Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Boba Fett, BH
Jango Fett, BH
Arrua, JH
Lando, DS
San Hill
Uggies x4

Light on activations I know but that is what San Hill is for. How else can you get the Fett boy's together? I've ran it a few times and even beat a Lord Vader swap with it. So what do you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:17 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

The squad is decent but to make it really competitve you should take out jango and put in zuckuss and take out Lando DS and put in Lando, hero of tannaab and a few rodian scoundrels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:21 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Zuckuss I like and have been wanting to play with San Hill for awhile. The Rodian's I have played in a version of this squad and maybe it's just my luck but even with opportunist they tend to be little more then ugnaught killers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:21 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The problem is going to be that at 200 points, even with San Hill, you're going to have a tough time out-activating many armies. On top of that, Jango and Aurra are both stationary shooters, which means that if you wait to put them out somewhere at the end of a turn, then they either have to stay in that spot to Double next round (for Jango) or you have to shoot and move right away at the beginning of the turn in order to keep them from getting pounded.

I recommend dropping Lando and 3 of the Uggies for Lobot. This gives you the versatility to build with extra activations (against a high-activation squad) or bring Lando back in if the opponent is running few activations with all heavy hitters. You could also bring in an ASP to Lift Jango or Aurra back out of LOS after they've shot. and this way, you could get as many as 12 activations. Plus you have Override.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That is why you bring an ASP. Great for non-mobile shooters.

Agreed though on Lobot. He is a must on any San Hill squad.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I know everyone says to run Lobot with this team and I did for awhile, but to use his override he needs a bodyguard, which is another 10 points. Without the bodyguard that eleven def. and 20 hit points means anyone can kill the guy. I don't know. I like the versatility he brings but he's a 27 point bulls eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I tend to echo the sentiments of Lobosteele. Even with San, you are low on activations.

I see this army as having significant issues with any swarm army. Vader IC and mass of stormtroopers would give this army fits. Jango- kills 2 a round, if he can hit the stormies 26 defense in cover. Boba and Aurra- twin is wasted as the stormie will die on the first hit. Meanwhile, the stormies are pasting the uggies to quickly reduce your activations...

It also would have issues with a superstealth army, and many Ithorian Commander builds as well. Basically, any build that relies on volume over uniques will stand a chance against this army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:17 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I suggest that you drop Jango, because he has to remain stationary, and add Lobot and some filler.

Grambo wrote:
the best defense is a dead opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Tiffany wrote:
I know everyone says to run Lobot with this team and I did for awhile, but to use his override he needs a bodyguard, which is another 10 points. Without the bodyguard that eleven def. and 20 hit points means anyone can kill the guy. I don't know. I like the versatility he brings but he's a 27 point bulls eye.

Coming from someone who ran San Hill to 3rd place at GenCon....Yes, Lobot is a bullseye. You know how many times he got killed all day long at GenCon though? Once, and that was to a stupid set-up error on my part, and my opponent nailed him with Boba Enforcer's Missles on Round 1, Turn 1.

He's only a bullseye if you put him out there to be a bullseye. For the most part, he is there in a San squad for purely the option of customization. Come up against a squad with lots of activations? You bring in lots of activations in order to keep your San granted advantage. Come up against somebody with few activations but heavy hitters? Bring in Lando DS for some extra damage. Come up against a squad with low activations but powerful shooters? Bring in an ASP or two for the psuedo-Mobile that Jango and Aurra need to keep from being shot to pieces.

I used Override VERY little at GenCon. It's most helpful in the first round or two for opening a door near your starting area so that one of your scrub pieces doesn't have to do it instead. Then you can use the scrubs for whatever else they need to be used for (gaining gambit, running interference, killing other scrubs, etc.).