66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
33 Captain Rex
23 Commander Cody
52 501st Clone Trooper x4
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 12 activations)

An R2-towed Rex gets 6 shots at +12 for potentially 120 DAM. The 501st Clones get 3 shots each at +12 (SA) for potentially 60 DAM with GMA, which could be more due to Cody's CE. Cody gets an extra Accurate shot as well. Kenobi is there for interference.

Room for improvement?

Post subject: Re: 501st Attempt
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:52 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Haha, I made the exact same squad, except had Commander Gree in there instead of Cody. I know they have squad assault already, but Gree allows everyone else to provide it instead of requiring the 4 troopers to always be near each other. Also, double greater mobile Gree with 30dmg shots is something to be feared. Otherwise, should work very well. I think the 501st will work best with Flobi and Rex, even if you simply went with a 5th trooper instead of either Gree or Cody, or any other guy.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:
Haha, I made the exact same squad, except had Commander Gree in there instead of Cody. I know they have squad assault already, but Gree allows everyone else to provide it instead of requiring the 4 troopers to always be near each other. Also, double greater mobile Gree with 30dmg shots is something to be feared. Otherwise, should work very well. I think the 501st will work best with Flobi and Rex, even if you simply went with a 5th trooper instead of either Gree or Cody, or any other guy.

You make good points regarding Gree, especially the fact that you wouldn't have to have the 4 troopers near each other. You lose a trooper, no biggie, an uggy or anything else will do and you don't lose anything. In the end, I really think I'd feel more comfortable with the 5th trooper, simply for redundancy, but I also would like to see how Cody impacts this. We shall see. Thanks for the comment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:14 pm 

I like Cody's CE with the volume of shots you will get. But I guess it's just that I don't like Rex in there with Cody. I guess if I were going for the 19/20 massive crit damage, I would prefer just using 3 more clones. But then, you lose GMA as well. So it's kinda a wash probably. I guess in the end, getting two accurate shots per round with Cody will be pretty good, and assuming your clones have targets, that's still 12 shots per round for crit chances. All in all, not bad.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29