logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: They went THAT WAY! - AKA the pointer squad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

this is a squad i put together to see if it would be worth a spit. i didnt think it would, but it really held its own.

Revan
OR Crusader
Mira
Juggernaut
Wicket
swoop bike
ug
caamasi

match 1 i took on Kyle BM, Mara, jaina, han smuggler on the ruined base. I gave Mara a cunning on revan at one point but she only hit on 1 attack. thanks to the MT i was able to back to back triple Mara and take her out. Kyles disruptive kept giving me headaches, but i sonic stunned him and my opponent called it game as he was nearly dead anyway.

match 2 i faced the same kyle with GMLS on the train. I thought i was toast on this one, but i got my opponent to cancel a force push from my crusader and from then on i was able to keep luke out of force points. Mira was safely tucked away behind revan in the lower corner for the game. Luke fell pretty quickly after that with a combo of Mira and Revan using corruption. At one point i had Revan corrupt an ug to set up a no cover shot for Mira at the start of the next round.

I was really surprised that i was able to pull these wins off. My die was rolling better than my opponents, but Revan really pulled some weight. the rest of the squad had some nice synergy and the juggernaut was REALLY good for me. Could this be a prime time for Revan to make a comeback because no one really thinks about MT anymore?

BTW - the name is because nearly every figure in this squad is pointing, LOL.

Any thoughts?

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: They went THAT WAY! - AKA the pointer squad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I like the squad. I was thinking of trying something similar.

Gotta ask though, Swoop Bike? I'm assuming this was included because with Revan it can move 12 with the pseudo Intution, but what does that actually do for the squad? Wouldn't a Jawa Scout be a better use of points, or some Mouse Droids?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The thought on the swoop is that it could get to gambit easily from anywhere on the map, allowing for the intuition to go to Mira or the crusader. I really like the fact it can mobile attack at a +9 as well. I agree that more activations would be nice and i might add more, but i dont have any mouse droids which is what i would want to use.

someone else suggested dropping wicket for another caamasi and ug.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Ahh I see, a counter to Luke's SS Gambit grab. I think it will be difficult to pull off without a Tempo commander, but like you said a +9 Mobile Attacking scrub killer could have it's uses.