24 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer
23 Captain Panaka
21 The Dark Woman
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Youngling
4 Gran Raider
(200pts. 10 activations)

Map: Ravaged Base. Double Override and Phase will make it hard for the opponent to counter attack. Rancor Pit can also work, since no square is safe from the Tow/Phase/Swap/Gallop combo.

DW Tutors Dash, who is now +10 or +14 (opportunist) thanks to Qui Gon. The squad has plenty of HP, customizability from Lobot (Ugs, Grans, Nobles, R4/Wicket, Lando DS), and the ability to do some deadly deep-strikes (even first-round) without having to sacrifice R2. Dash and Panaka will have a hard time shooting with Opportunist at first, but after a gallop or two, it shouldn't be a problem...and R2 will likely still be around to tow Dash. It looks like a lot of fun to me. How competitive it is...I guess we'll have to see.

Comments?

Post subject: Re: Wall-Buck Tutor-Trainer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, I love it.

I actually had just created something similar yesterday while playing around with things. Basically used Rex/JWM instead of Dash/Qui-Gon. Oh, and I put in the new Lobot and more activations, but I like your suggestion better!

I figure with all the talk of the Snowspeeder lately, I need to be sure I have a piece that can handle it, hence Rex in my build. ;)

Both are solid though!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I made pretty much the exact same squad a couple of days ago after doing a STAP version.

Dark womans utility is amazing. The perfect swap fodder and makes so many pieces useful with her light tutor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:23 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
Hahaha, I love it.

I actually had just created something similar yesterday while playing around with things. Basically used Rex/JWM instead of Dash/Qui-Gon. Oh, and I put in the new Lobot and more activations, but I like your suggestion better!

I figure with all the talk of the Snowspeeder lately, I need to be sure I have a piece that can handle it, hence Rex in my build. ;)

Both are solid though!

Yeah, Rex might really be the better choice, especially with the SS's threat. He wouldn't benefit from Qui Gon, so the addition of the JWM would be ideal. A JWM would be more effective offensively than Qui Gon. I just wanted Dash/QuiGon so that I could do the nifty little trick with Tutor.

IMHO, the use of Lobot is important, since it give you 5 free Grans for stealth swap fodder. Or else the Wicket/R4 combo in case you come up against a defensive juggernaut. That will become especially important if you go with Rex, who is +12 rather than Dash's +14.

fingersandteeth wrote:
I made pretty much the exact same squad a couple of days ago after doing a STAP version.

Dark womans utility is amazing. The perfect swap fodder and makes so many pieces useful with her light tutor.

Yeah, I played this squad yesterday, and she set up some devastating gallops for Yoda, and also caused a lot of havoc for my opponent by running through walls to attack, and then run away again next round. And her 110 hp goes a long way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thereisnotry wrote:
IMHO, the use of Lobot is important, since it give you 5 free Grans for stealth swap fodder. Or else the Wicket/R4 combo in case you come up against a defensive juggernaut. That will become especially important if you go with Rex, who is +12 rather than Dash's +14.

Oooh, nice point. Using old Lobot and bringing in Wicket/R4 could be brutal against somebody who wants to run GMLS plus some other big or even semi-big NR piece. Would make Rex/Dash's attacks hit almost every time, with or without cover. Good point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

After reading your tourney report where you used the 150pt version of this squad, I think you're right, that Rex is better than Dash, if only for his ability to attack first in a round rather than having to wait until the end; and his built-in Speeder-counter is a nice bonus too. Dash is out, and therefore Qui Gon too. So we're back to the alternative which you mentioned earlier, with Rex and JWM. Of course, this will necessitate a change in name:

--Wall-Buck JWM--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
33 Captain Rex
27 Lobot
26 Jedi Weapon Master
23 Captain Panaka
21 The Dark Woman
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda

(198pts. 8 activations)

You could drop the JWM for Roron Corobb and an Ug, for 1 more activation and the option of swapping Roron in for a 30dmg bomb. Roron is pretty good himself anyway, so maybe that would be better:

--Wall-Buck Bomb--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
33 Captain Rex
27 Lobot
24 Roron Corobb
23 Captain Panaka
21 The Dark Woman
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(199pts. 9 activations)