One of The Ones
One of The Ones

66 Sith Apprentice x3
49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
46 Sith Lord x2
27 Lobot
11 Darth Sidious, Hologram

Default reinforcements - Wicket, Mouse Droid x2, Ugnaught x2

The idea of this is fairly straight-forward. The apprentices take point and "soften up" the enemy at range with Force Grip 1. Then when the enemy gets closer, the apprentices fall back and the lords start throwing lightning.

Their attack is high enough via Malak that they fight traditionally when necessary.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Sith squad
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:18 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
66 Sith Apprentice x3
46 Sith Lord x2
27 Lobot
11 Darth Sidious, Hologram

Default reinforcements - Wicket, Mouse Droid x2, Ugnaught x2

The idea of this is fairly straight-forward. The apprentices take point and "soften up" the enemy at range with Force Grip 1. Then when the enemy gets closer, the apprentices fall back and the lords start throwing lightning.

Their attack is high enough via Malak that they fight traditionally when necessary.

Ouch. That is one squad I wouldn't look forward to seeing on the other side of the table. Even if I happened to be running Vong. Lightsaber Throw 2 and Lightsaber Assault are great Force Powers.

Great squad Boris!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I played a test game with it last night against:

115 GMLS
037 Aurra Sing
025 Leia Skywalker
009 General Dodonna
009 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
005 Caamasi Noble

Played on Muunilist (the original version). Luke killed all 3 of the apprentices and 1 of the sith lords before the other one and Malak finished him off. He just ran out of Force and couldn't recover. Before he even reached the first apprentice, he had 60 damage from Grips on him. 2 of the 3 Ugs were dead from screening grips as well.

Leia died next, and then Malak killed Aurra but not before she killed the other apprentice. Lobot kept Sidious safely locked in the control room.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Ha, I built something almost identical today. The only difference was I went with a Geno instead of one App. I like the option of having something to collect gambit and allow me to sit back a little more especially against tempo control squads.

--Sith Lords--
27 Lobot
46 Sith Lord x2
44 Sith Apprentice x2
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
(198pts. 8 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I thought about tossing in a Handmaiden for a back-up shooter, but I haven't really assimilated the new stuff into the old all that much yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:07 am 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I thought about tossing in a Handmaiden for a back-up shooter, but I haven't really assimilated the new stuff into the old all that much yet.

Not a bad option. I was also considering Dash instead of the Geno, and taking out Lobot in that case. I will play around with both options and see what I like the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Not a bad option. I was also considering Dash instead of the Geno, and taking out Lobot in that case. I will play around with both options and see what I like the best.

Mmm. Dash would get +14. Nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 am 

--Dash' Sith Lords--
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
46 Sith Lord x2
44 Sith Apprentice x2
5 Caamasi Noble
4 Gran Raider
3 Mouse Droids
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(200pts. 13 activations)

There's the Dash version.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:42 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
--Dash' Sith Lords--
46 Sith Lord x2
44 Sith Apprentice x2
5 Caamasi Noble
8 Gran Raider x2
(200pts. 13 activations)

You forgot the Mouse Droids. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 pm 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
--Dash' Sith Lords--
46 Sith Lord x2
44 Sith Apprentice x2
5 Caamasi Noble
8 Gran Raider x2
(200pts. 13 activations)

You forgot the Mouse Droids. :P

Done :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I like the Dash or Geno versions. Gives you an alternate option, especially if you run up against a Vong squad. Though 4 pieces with Throw 2 or Assault would make decently quick work of a lot of Vong pieces as well. Dash with Malak is a beautiful combo in my book, especially with Malak's Force Stun.

So I'd probably be most likely to run Bill's Dash squad there, but maybe with more Ugos/Mice instead of the Caamasi and one of the Grans. Or maybe just run 2 Ugos and 1 Mouse. Can probably get by on most 200 point maps with only 2 Ugs.

In any case, if you can use Holo Sid to give everybody even 1 or 2 extra FPs at the beginning of the game, that makes a pretty substantial difference later on. And Dash can always sit back near Holo Sid so he doesn't need a Mouse Droid, and can constantly re-roll attacks or evades (which is freakin' awesome for Dash, and one of the things about The Dark Woman that excites me as well).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
I like the Dash or Geno versions. Gives you an alternate option, especially if you run up against a Vong squad. Though 4 pieces with Throw 2 or Assault would make decently quick work of a lot of Vong pieces as well. Dash with Malak is a beautiful combo in my book, especially with Malak's Force Stun.

So I'd probably be most likely to run Bill's Dash squad there, but maybe with more Ugos/Mice instead of the Caamasi and one of the Grans. Or maybe just run 2 Ugos and 1 Mouse. Can probably get by on most 200 point maps with only 2 Ugs.

The Camaasi is underrated. He can completely shut down certain characters, and slow your opponent's approach with melee.

I'd be more likely to run Bill's version with Dash and drop the Gran for a second Camaasi.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

I'd be more likely to run Bill's version with Dash and drop the Gran for a second Camaasi.

I don't necessarily disagree, I just always like the stealth/caamasi scrub combo. Nothing like forcing your opponent to use their only accurate shooter to take out a gran, just to even try to shoot the caamasi :) And if they have no accurate shot, the gran is a god send.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

The Camaasi is underrated. He can completely shut down certain characters, and slow your opponent's approach with melee.

Oh, I agree. And I think the Apprentices/Lords are weak enough pieces that if you manage to pull off 3 uses of their Force Powers before an opponent tears them up, then you did fine. So they probably really don't need to stay close to Holo-Sid for more than 1 or 2 rounds anyways. So the mice aren't all that necessary. That's why I was saying at the end of my other post that if I really felt like I needed that Mouse Droid, I'd probably just go 2 Ugos, 1 Mouse instead of 3 Ugos. Trust me, I know the power of the Caamasi/Gran combo, or just the Caamasi vs. Melee or Palpatine on Throne. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:43 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I played against this squad by someone who had obviously netdecked it last night on Vassal. I had a pretty solid NR Squad of direct damage myself, but even with tempo control, I struggled in this matchup. Wedge's Evade was no good to me, and he won map and chose Rancor Pen, so there wasn't even a lot of space for Mobile Push's. They were just able to generate way more direct damage per round than I was, and by the time Kyle could disrupt them they had plenty of spare Force.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

I just made up this version of Direct Damage for the sith based on what i saw here... just made it mobile

15 Acts: 200 pts

88 Apprentice x4
23 Lando, Hero of Tanaab
6 Mouse x2
6 Ug. Demo x2
27 Lobot
11 Human BG
28 Dash Rendar Renegade Smuggler

R:

17 T3-M4
3 Ug Demo