logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Brother and Sister
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:12 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Here's a go at GMLS at 200:

--Siblings-- (sp? -I think there should be two b's...)
115 Grand Master Luke Skywalker
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
20 Cade Skywalker, Padawan
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid
3 Uggnaught Demolitionist
(198pts. 8 activations)

I thought about taking Wedge out, but the value of a mobile accurate scrub killer who gets to re-roll his Evade and Avoid Defeat saves seemed too good. Also, Cade then gets Evade, which he'll need with a 16 defense. The Mobile will help him get some mobile heals in if he needs to or attack and Leap out of trouble when necessary.

It's low on activations, and I thought about Wicket to help everyone else hit things, but I'd have to drop the MD and Uggie for him.

I think Cade's heals and EoL can make a huge difference to Luke. Surviving just one more round might just be the difference between winning and losing.

Leia is not without her uses, LS Throw 2 is also an effective LS Assault if you think you can finish an opponent off by being adjacent, or you can at least sit behind big brother and harass whomever he has chosen to destroy.

Either way you slice it, GMLS is going to be hard to run at any point level, but I like the challenge of trying to run him.

Post subject: Re: Brother and Sister
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think that GMLS will be better served by surrounding him with pieces he makes better offensively, such as Kyp, Jareal, or even Jacen, instead of Leia. I do think though that Cade is a must for this type of squad, to make the investment of 115 points worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Ask 127 wrote:
I think that GMLS will be better served by surrounding him with pieces he makes better offensively, such as Kyp, Jareal, or even Jacen, instead of Leia. I do think though that Cade is a must for this type of squad, to make the investment of 115 points worthwhile.

And I'd say Leia is perfect for Luke. Sure, his CE is nice, but I don't think most people will be playing him for that. Leia becomes a huge asset to Luke. You either go after her or watch Luke with free re-rolls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Tirade wrote:
Ask 127 wrote:
And I'd say Leia is perfect for Luke. Sure, his CE is nice, but I don't think most people will be playing him for that. Leia becomes a huge asset to Luke. You either go after her or watch Luke with free re-rolls.

Unless you have a limited way around Luke getting the CE, you clearly kill Leia first, or the mouse droid chasing him. Not only is Leia generally going to be easy points, but Luke actually offers very little protection for her if you run past him. In the squad posted, I see no reason for Cade of Wedge. Cade isn't going to get to heal (even easier points than Leia) and Wedge doesn't offer nearly enough benefit since 163pts of your squad are commanders. Drop them for something that can at least provide some reason for your opponent to think twice about just charging Leia first.

Kyp, Dash, Vong, etc are much better for this than Wedge and Cade.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

billiv15 wrote:
Tirade wrote:
Ask 127 wrote:

Unless you have a limited way around Luke getting the CE, you clearly kill Leia first, or the mouse droid chasing him. Not only is Leia generally going to be easy points, but Luke actually offers very little protection for her if you run past him. In the squad posted, I see no reason for Cade of Wedge. Cade isn't going to get to heal (even easier points than Leia) and Wedge doesn't offer nearly enough benefit since 163pts of your squad are commanders. Drop them for something that can at least provide some reason for your opponent to think twice about just charging Leia first.

Kyp, Dash, Vong, etc are much better for this than Wedge and Cade.

Ummm, so who are you quoting there chief? :?:

I still think Leia is a great add on for Luke. Sure, she is easier points, but that means you are turning your attention away from the 115 point piece. That's a win-win in my book. And if you go around Luke and provoke AoOs, that's two attacks for him.

As for running Wedge with Leia, I don't see that as too horrible. Wedge's Avoid Defeat does work with Leia's CE.

But yes, I do like Kyp over Cade. More offensive kick.

edit: BTW, I don't think it's fair to count Luke when you are adding up commanders. Sure he has a CE. However, that's to limit Luke from gaining access to follower CEs.