logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The New Breed of Vong
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I reckon this, or a variation thereof can tear the post-JA meta in half. Let's see those Leia boosted evades help you now...

Total:200, 15 Acts.
YV Ossus Guardianx2 52
YV Jedi Hunterx2 40
Lando, HoT 23
YV Shaper 21
Yomin Carr 19
Praetorite Vong Priest 18
Uggiesx3 9
Wicket 8
MDx2 6
PB Thug 4

The premise is pretty simple, use mobile razor bugs and Lando to lay down ranged cover while you approach (make sure you keep the Shaper/Priest out of LoS ideally), although I can't help but feel I'd like abit more range power than this, how to manage it though?

When you get closer you can mobile spit poison which is nice, or just get in their face. Once your people take a hit, then they'll be hitting at either (effectively with Wicket) +21 or +22/40, (with a possible additional 10dmg from the poison - 100dmg that can't be blocked in one move = ouchy) twin against Jedi (which there will be alot of post JA) and tbh most non force pieces have less in the hp/def department (e.g. Boba's) so the slight loss in power isn't so much of an issue.

Biggest problem for that would be GGDAC boosted droids with high defences and no jedi hunter bonus (and no poison stuffs), but they don't have accurate shot so it should be easier to protect the Priest and Shaper, and you can soften them up with mobile razorbugs, and Wicket should really help out.

I figure that with three different boosting sources in Wicket, Shaper and Priest it will take longer for my opponent to take them out, and every turn they focus on trying to get LoS on one of those guys is another turn where the Jedi Hunters and Guardians can cut them up. Also, this squad is barely affected by disruptive either.

Advice etc? You think it's worth dropping some stuff to get some ranged power in? Maybe Nom or a Czerka?

Last edited by Shadows on Sun May 31, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The New Breed of Vong
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Shadows wrote:
I reckon this, or a variation thereof can tear the post-JA meta in half. Let's see those Leia boosted evades help you now...

Total:200, 14 Acts.
YV Ossus Guardianx2 56
YV Jedi Hunterx2 40
Lando, HoT 23
YV Shaper 21
Yomin Carr 19
Praetorite Vong Priest 18
Uggiesx3 9
Wicket 8
MDx2 6

The premise is pretty simple, use mobile razor bugs and Lando to lay down ranged cover while you approach (make sure you keep the Shaper/Priest out of LoS ideally), although I can't help but feel I'd like abit more range power than this, how to manage it though?

When you get closer you can mobile spit poison which is nice, or just get in their face. Once your people take a hit, then they'll be hitting at either (effectively with Wicket) +21 or +22/40, (with a possible additional 10dmg from the poison - 100dmg that can't be blocked in one move = ouchy) twin against Jedi (which there will be alot of post JA) and tbh most non force pieces have less in the hp/def department (e.g. Boba's) so the slight loss in power isn't so much of an issue.

Biggest problem for that would be GGDAC boosted droids with high defences and no jedi hunter bonus (and no poison stuffs), but they don't have accurate shot so it should be easier to protect the Priest and Shaper, and you can soften them up with mobile razorbugs, and Wicket should really help out.

I figure that with three different boosting sources in Wicket, Shaper and Priest it will take longer for my opponent to take them out, and every turn they focus on trying to get LoS on one of those guys is another turn where the Jedi Hunters and Guardians can cut them up. Also, this squad is barely affected by disruptive either.

Advice etc? You think it's worth dropping some stuff to get some ranged power in? Maybe Nom or a Czerka?

The Ossus Guardian is only 26, not 28.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Apparently I can't add up...

In that case, I'd probably add a peace brigade thug, for cheap shooting/fodder and a little boost.

Thoughts on the squad?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Putting MD's in your squad is almost sacrilege to the Vong. :D

But seriously......

Nice squad. I'd really hate to play Force users against this squad and it has enough damage to cause droids to be worried. The Preist works really well with the Ossus Guardians, and Jedi Hunters because Scarification will have the most potential with them.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.