Mas Ammeda 8
Ugnaught Demolitionist x4 12
Imperial Dignitary x2 10

200 points 12 activations plus Ozzel

Post subject: Re: Vader and Boba
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think for the 56 points you're using for Boba Enforcer and the TBSV, I'd rather run Boba Merc instead. He doesn't get Greater Mobile, but he doesn't necessarily need it with both Swap and Intuition available to him. Boba Merc with Triple Attack and either Cunning or Opportunist is absolutely brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I was actually already thinking that with Boba Merc, especially on the right map he could be completely awesome...

Boba Enforcer is a good piece, just not sure if he'd work right in this squad. Boba Merc does open up a lot of other possibilities (especially with Flight and Intuition)...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

jedispyder wrote:
I was actually already thinking that with Boba Merc, especially on the right map he could be completely awesome...

Boba Enforcer is a good piece, just not sure if he'd work right in this squad. Boba Merc does open up a lot of other possibilities (especially with Flight and Intuition)...

I'm not sure why you guys don't like his original squad. Sure, Boba Merc is a solid option. But Cunning AND Opportunist is sooooo redundant IMHO. Plus you guys are brushing off the Twi'lek as an attacker. He gains an extra attack too thanks to Vader. So you have to factor in his importance too. He's not just some idle commander. Moreover, Missiles 30 is a great way to just skip the Evade stage of the game and go straight to one roll.

I'll gladly take two solid shooters over Boba Merc in this case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm 

I wasn't saying his original squad was bad, I was just saying that I feel Boba Merc is a better substitution. Sure, the TBSV is a good backup shooter, but I'd much rather use Merc here. I definitely like Enforcer, especially with his Missiles 30 ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:18 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

jedispyder wrote:
I wasn't saying his original squad was bad, I was just saying that I feel Boba Merc is a better substitution. Sure, the TBSV is a good backup shooter, but I'd much rather use Merc here.

To each his own. The damage output is greater with Enforcer and the TBSV. You also gain the chance to Jolt a target with the TBSV. That works pretty well for the rest of the squad. If that isn't enough, you also gain an extra activation here versus just Boba Merc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:23 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I really was trying to get a full use of Boba Enforcer. I would also rather have 12 activations anyway. I think that the TBSV is a great shooter and has a great damage output. Altogether I wasn't really going to try and run it as a B&B more of a Shoot and Hide and let Vader do his job. Of course that doesn't mean I am not going to take advantage of the swap but will to rely on it. I am not really for sure what map to run this on. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Zayne-y wrote:
The damage output is greater with Enforcer and the TBSV.

If you're looking at pure potential numbers...sure. It's 120 potential for Enforcer and TBSV versus 90 potential from Boba Merc. Where that starts to fall flat is with the TBSV's lack of Accurate, as he'll end up shooting Ugos half of the time. So, you're really only going to put 60 damage per round on your opponent's big target with Enforcer, vs. 90 per round with Mercenary. So that's a trade off you have to consider.

Also consider that Boba gets the +4 BH bonus that the TBSV does not have, so there's a 25% greater chance that Merc will hit his attacks over what the TBSV can offer.

And we've already pointed out the Intuition/Flight combo which is absolutely brutal. Boba Enforcer doesn't have Flight, and it's one of the main things that holds him back. Sure he has Evade, but all you have to do is base him, and he falls down like a rock. At least Boba Merc can use the Flight/Intuition combo to mobile away. Granted, you have Thrawn swap you can use in this case too, but at least Intuition gives you another avenue.

And don't discount cunning too much. With Boba Merc you're looking at a possible 180 damage between the end of one round and the beginning of the next. That's pretty brutal. Even if you lose Boba after that, there's a pretty good bet your opponent has also lost 1-2 main pieces as well.

Like you said, to each their own. Personally, I've had enough failures with Boba Enforcer that I really don't use him all that much. Missiles is nice, but in this build, would it be better to take one shot at Missiles 30, or two attacks at a +15 (or +19 against Uniques) for 30 damage each? Even with Evade, the odds are you're going to do 30 damage, with a 25% chance you'll do 60. Unless my opponent is dumb enough to bunch pieces together, I wouldn't use Missiles all that often.

Again, just personal preference though. It a straight up match between these two options, Boba Enforcer might win simply because of the extra Activation and the Evade. Hard to say.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:16 pm 

I am a fan of all Boba's, yes even Baby Boba he has his uses now hehe, So I would be just as happy with Merc, I am also a fan of higher activations so...yea I really can see where you guys are coming from. Thank you for all of your inputs. Can you give me some advice on what map to run with either Boba or one for each Boba. Thanks again