Mara Jade Jedi
Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
General Wedge Antilles
Luke Force sPirit
Jagged Fel
General dodonna
Wicket
4x Ugo Demolitionists.

Spirit to Kyle for Mettlesome evade rolls. Disruptive helps your shooters by removing evade from other pieces once you close in with Kyle. Kyle also serves as a decent shield to the Lancer Droid because he disrupts and riposte's the darn thing.

I see this squad as a counter to most rebel squads because they rely heavily on the Commander effects granted by their pieces. It also helps to counter the new Thrawn stuff due to the High HP disruptive with re-roll and mettle.

In short I believe that this must be considered as a top tier squad for The current Imperial Entanglements Era. Something may be able to beat it, but I am unsure yet what I would be worried about facing with this squad.

If you have seen something or can think of something that matches up with big advantages against this squad please let me know. I believe that Dash Rendar has really provided a huge boost to the New Republic Faction and I am pretty grateful for it, because I enjoy playing that faction.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: New Republic Dash
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

dnemiller wrote:
I think I would rather have the Twilek Black sun vigo in there over Jagged Fel so that Kyle could mobile and pull off his triple...

I tend to echo that sentiment. However, I wouldn't sell Jagged short. His CE could be VERY important for Dash.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

4 attack on dash is too important to not have. I'd drop dash for the Vigo before I would drop Jag without droping dash, and for 20 points there is no replacement shooter. Greater Mobile attack on Kyle would be nice, but you have to figure that he can still go 6 and assault. It isnt like I'm losing 2 attacks by moving, it's only 1.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Seriously I wouldn't put the Vigo in here because he only benefits one fig. It's a tight squad, but totally beatable.

B&B SS is still a threat at 200, and I would be interested to see how SS fares against this.

Kyle can't protect all of your other pieces, and once everything else is dead, Kyle still has to face Lord Vader. Granted he needs 10's to hit, but without Wedge if there is even one Storm Commando left you are going to have issues.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:03 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think if you consider going with the TBSV, then you drop both Dash and Jag and run Jarael instead, since she very nicely benefits from the TBSV as well. Disruptive can hurt a bit though in that sort of matchup, but then you just have to depend on killing the Disruptive piece quickly.

I definitely do like Dash/Jag though. I think Jag is pretty much essential to running Dash with either Imperials or New Republic. It can get like Boris said though, where it's a snooze fest of one Accurate squad shooting at the other one, until somebody starts failing Evade saves. :P That's why even with squads with heavy Evade, I play for gambit. Force the opponent to come to the middle, and then at least the game gets interesting. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'd probably try something like this:

54 Kyle Katarn JBM
33 Han Solo of Hoth
25 Jaina Solo
23 Jarael
23 Wedge Antilles
18 Twilek Black Sun Vigo
09 General Dodonna
09 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
06 Mouse Droid x2

I'm not sure that's a better build, though it has a lot more synergy in it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I wouldn't ever play Dash in a competitive squad without at least some boost - sorry +6/10 from range is not good for 28pts, even if he gets to roll 4 times. Might as well save 10 points, and go with Lando DS for one shot at +9/13 - you will average about the same damage.

So if you are using dash in the NR, then Jag is a good bet. What I don't like is that he is the only one using his CE, so in a sense, you are getting a 60hp 10dmg attacker and a 38pt Dash. I am not saying I wouldn't do it, just saying, Dash will disappoint without the boost.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:29 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I'm in agreement with you bill that dash needs the boost, but with the boost, dash becomes amazing 4 shots at +14 for 20 is really good. New question. With squads like this running around these days <You see rebel versions too> do you all think that pieces with missiles become a better meta option? Perhaps running Captain Tarples and Boba Fett Enforcer with a bunch of Gungan artillerists? It seems to me that those squads would almost be like running pieces that have automatic hits, If everything on the other side of the map has evade anyway.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:34 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

@ Lobostele. The problem I have with adding Jarael and the vigo instead of Dash and Jag is this: I have no real ranged threat. Mara has to be in melee to be really dangerous, this means that in a lot of games she goes down fast if opponents concentrate on her. I like having the ability to pull off really good attacks from across the map, and Dash does that for me. Especially when wicket is within 6 of my target <he usually is>

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yep, I hear ya. Just depends on your play style. I frequently like to run 90-100% melee squads. I've run a squad a couple times where my only shooter on the whole team was Captain Panaka.

And Mara is actually an awesome ranged threat with Mobile/Cunning/Twin. Plus, if you're using Kyle/Jarael/TBSV, then you have the TBSV for a good ranged threat as well. You use a Mouse Droid up front with Kyle/Jarael and keep the TBSV safe in the back.

Dash at +14 is definitely nice though. I think of it this way. People throw Rex into a squad, even if there are no other order 66 pieces in the squad, simply because he's a great shooter. Well, Rex costs 33 points. Dash + Jag costs only 5 points more, and you're getting a second activation (so, similar to Rex + Caamasi). And now Dash is actually +2 higher than Rex as well. So, I think the Dash/Jag combo is every bit as viable as Rex in Republic squads, no doubt about it.

If you got Dash + Jag, and then you also have Wicket up near the opponent.....Ouch. :D