Han, Smuggler (27)
Kyp (26)
Jaina (25)
Jarael (23)
Gen. Wedge (23)
TBSV (18)
Uggiesx3 (9)
MD (3)

The idea is to have lots of mid range threats, all with a huge strike range.

If you have to go first, then you can move up to 10 and triple stun with Jarael, or if they move first, you can get any of their other big pieces for 180dmg from Mara and Jaina.

Main concern is the lowish attack values, so fitting Wicket in would be nice, but not sure how.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Shadows on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pack of Wolves
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I just have always thought that NR squads lose SO much power in trying to use Han ST. You lose 60 damage out of Mara most of the time. On top of that, the TBSV and Han ST are polar opposites. You'll never use both CEs at the same time. Running Jarael 16-18 squares and getting 1 attack just isn't worth it with her, IMO, especially since with the +10 she'll miss about half the time, and then your opponent still has the 50/50 chance on saving for Stun, less if they have FPs or CS Yoda.

Now, Jarael moving 8-10 and using Triple...that's brutal. I've play tested it a couple times already and I absolutely love it. Personally, I think this is why Kyle will work better in these TBSV New Republic squads, because he can also move 6-8 and Triple, which makes him a very good threat along with Jarael.

For this particular squad though....you're right, you absolutely need to fit in Wicket somehow. Kyp will really struggle to hit any large pieces. He might be good just for tying somebody up though. I just don't see how to do it though. You could potential drop Kyp altogether in order to put in those other tech type pieces, and then maybe you could fit in something else like Lobot or Luke FS, or something along those lines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:24 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I agree with Lobo, Han STA really doesn't help out this squad if you've already got the TBSV in it. I'd rather use Han Smuggler instead of STA (which would also require losing an Ug as well).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

You can actually start conseving points cause, If I'm recalling all the pieces correctly you do not need the mouse droids, all the commander effects are board wide.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No, the TBSV's CE is limited to 6 squares. Really though, as this squad is built right now, only Jarael benefits from the TBSV, so 1 Mouse Droid is probably enough. Though you shouldn't need more than 3 Ugs either, so keeping 2 MDs is probably the best option for the squad as-is.

You could always drop the TBSV and then 3 of the Ugs/MDs and put in Lobot instead. Gets you some better door control, and then against certain opponents you can bring in the TBSV if you so desire. Against opponents with really high defenses, you could bring in Wicket and more activations instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:38 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Han was there to give the option of running in, or using the TBSV.

But, he's probably not worth it.

So i'm thinking i'll drop Han and a mouse droid for Smug Han, as him and the Vigo should provide some nice cover whilst Jaina and Jarael get their GM on, and Kyp and Mara Assault away.

I also love how everyone raves about Jarael, and then says that Kyp will miss alot, seemingly overlooking the fact that they have the same attack, and Kyp can attack an extra time =p.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:09 pm 

Shadows wrote:
I also love how everyone raves about Jarael, and then says that Kyp will miss alot, seemingly overlooking the fact that they have the same attack, and Kyp can attack an extra time =p.

I've never complained about a 10atk on a mid-cost melee character, lol. Don't forget, though, that Jarael benefits from the Ithorian Commander so she's now a +14atk. Usually 3/5 times I've seen Jarael fielded it was with the Ithorian. Kyp doesn't get any CEs that help his attack...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

And Jarael is also 3 points cheaper than Kyp, and WAY more survivable. Plus, Kyp has to spend a Force Point after moving in order to make his 4 attacks, which Jarael doesn't have to do. With the TBSV, Jarael can save a FP to re-roll an attack. I do see the irony of it, but at the same time, I usually complain less about Jarael's +10 because she is so well rounded otherwise. And if you can hit at least 2 out of 3 attacks with her, you stand a pretty darn good chance of activating your opponent.