11 Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
13 Czerka Scientist
90 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo x5
15 Lobot, CLA
6 Ugnaught Demo x2
5 Imperial Dignitary

Total: 200

So yeah, each Vigo is a greater mobile quad attacker within 6 of the czerka at a +17 for 40 damage (160 damage each, x5 vigos... = possible 800 damage per round). Haven't decided yet if I'd want to drop a vigo to fit in another czerka and some more activations in here, but either way, that's a lot of firepower. Double fringe reserves on an 11 and imperial reserves on a 6 with the desperation recon available from Lobot should you feel the need. Yeah, evade is being handed out like candy these days, but eventually, those 40 damage hits are going to stack up. Can't wait to try this out.

Now to think of a better name... :wink:

Post subject: Re: And Avay Vigo!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice! I love the name, BTW. :P

I would agree that you might want to drop one Vigo for more activations, just because it will really suck when yuo have to spend TBSV activations not getting the Opportunist damage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Honestly though, its not really that much of a waste, yes its lessdamage but you still get to jolt the sucker you shoot too.

That being said, i think another Czerka might be warranted to allow for better coverage of so many Greater mobile attackers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:10 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Thanks for the comments, with which I agree. After playing around, more activations (and the better czerka coverage) is helpful.

"Avay Vigo" take two:

30 Xizor
22 Governor Tarkin
11 Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
26 Czerka Scientist x2
72 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo x4
15 Lobot, CLA
15 Ugnaught Demo x5

Total: 199
16 activations

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

A couple of things:

1) Currently, Xizor's CE is ruled for "characters with Black Sun SA" so he won't help the Vigo until that's cleared up. It's all a big mess. What with the use of "ally" now meaning only characters with the Black Sun SA and completely destroying the consistancy of this fine, fine game.

2) I was talking to Joruus (Name drop) about a team that was similiar and you may want to use those points (again, until ruled otherwise) and bring in some of the RA-7s to help with those pesky superstealth options that keep popping up.

Just things to keep in mind.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 am 

Markedman247 wrote:
A couple of things:

1) Currently, Xizor's CE is ruled for "characters with Black Sun SA" so he won't help the Vigo until that's cleared up. It's all a big mess. What with the use of "ally" now meaning only characters with the Black Sun SA and completely destroying the consistancy of this fine, fine game.

2) I was talking to Joruus (Name drop) about a team that was similiar and you may want to use those points (again, until ruled otherwise) and bring in some of the RA-7s to help with those pesky superstealth options that keep popping up.

Just things to keep in mind.

Thanks for the info Markedman. Yeah I didn't hear about the current "ruling" of Xizor's CE, and after reading it, I'm not sure I understand why it should be an issue. The fact that it mentions "allies", seems to explicitly target the commander Black Sun characters, none of which have the SA. If the case was that it didn't work, how could you justify something like the original Wedge giving evade to Rebel Pilots when it only lists pilot in the name? Is it because of the use of the word "allies" that in this particular case that it undermines the previous rulings about having the name in the title? I'm not buying it. But you're right, it's not like we haven't had a ton of these little wording issues before. :roll:

And yes, I actually was doing a little brainstorming with Terps (name drop) about this squad's weakness against stealth and the RA-7s were the logical choice. I had been holding onto the idea of having to bring them in with a timely Ozzel reserves (or an Imperial Security Officer for that matter), but yes, fitting one or two into the main-build is probably the ideal move. I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Eh, Imperial builds with Kel Dors and Storm Commandos have been Top Tier for nearly a year now (since Nyna came out), and I've never felt the need to run an RA-7 with those at any point. There's usually plenty of other things to shoot at if you can't hit the stuff with Stealth. I definitely wouldn't worry about building an Imp Sec Officer into your squad. The RA-7 I can kind of maybe see, but it's so situational that I'm not sure I'd worry about it THAT much.

And as for Xizor....well...guess we'll see what the final Mini-FAQ says. I still think NickName is wrong on his initial thought on that one (comes down to the "Allies with ____" vs "_____ allies" difference in referencing a title or an SA). But we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

LoboStele wrote:
Eh, Imperial builds with Kel Dors and Storm Commandos have been Top Tier for nearly a year now (since Nyna came out), and I've never felt the need to run an RA-7 with those at any point. There's usually plenty of other things to shoot at if you can't hit the stuff with Stealth. I definitely wouldn't worry about building an Imp Sec Officer into your squad. The RA-7 I can kind of maybe see, but it's so situational that I'm not sure I'd worry about it THAT much.

And as for Xizor....well...guess we'll see what the final Mini-FAQ says. I still think NickName is wrong on his initial thought on that one (comes down to the "Allies with ____" vs "_____ allies" difference in referencing a title or an SA). But we'll see.

Yeah, the current ruling on Xizor's CE is just silly. That ally portion of his CE seems so redundant. If a Vigo isn't going to benefit (thanks to not having the Black Sun ability), then what Commander is? I have yet to find a person that feels NN's ruling is correct and just. The overwhelming majority feels it should affect both characters with Black Sun in the name and characters with the Black Sun ability. I see nothing wrong with that interpretation. The Black Sun is already a sub-faction in Fringe. Would it hurt the game to give them a little help? I seriously doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:56 am 

My problem with the "ruling" is that it flies in the face of the actual wording of the card:

It says, quote: "Each Black Sun ally...", NOT "Each ally with Black Sun." I don't see there is an issue here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Admiral Ace wrote:
My problem with the "ruling" is that it flies in the face of the actual wording of the card:

It says, quote: "Each Black Sun ally...", NOT "Each ally with Black Sun." I don't see there is an issue here.

You are singing to the choir here. I completely agree.