logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 points, no factions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Someone brought it up the other day, what would a game of no factions look like at 200 points. I tried to explain to him that because each faction has a theme, tossing all the elements together would create some very broken combos, but he didn't seem convinced. So I tried to think up some examples. This is something I came up with to demonstrate.

26 Tarfful
08 Mas Amedda
39 Durge
25 Han in Stormtrooper Armor
09 R2, Astromech Droid
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
15 Ugnaught Demolitionist x5

Basically the idea is that the JWMs have Charging Fire, Momentum, and a base +16 Attack from anywhere on the board. If they run 6 squares or less, they can LS Assault at +20 for 30 damage each. Ouch!

Here's another one:

50 Darth Vader, Champion of the Sith
08 Obi-Wan, Jedi Spirit
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, JM
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
09 R2, Astromech
08 Mas Amedda

Load up on Force points for Vader and let Qui-Gon die to give Vader 6 more Force and MotF 2.

My personal favorite:
37 Thrawn
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
25 Stormtrooper x5
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
08 Mas Amedda

Once your Troopers are in position, swap in Mara at the end of a turn and let her run 6 for a LS Assault Then, do it again, this time with Cunning, and swap out for a JWM. As long as he doesn't die during the next phase, he can lay the smack down at +15, and if he's based a Force User, he has a whopping 26 Defense!

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

A while back my LGS ran a 300 point game where your 300 points had to consist of 3 seperate faction pure 100 point squads. I ended up with JWM that could run up 6 to assault with momentum for 2 +19 30 damage attacks. Thrawn could then swap him for a triple attacking Darth Sidious. On the plus side the broken-ness of most of the sqauds made the games go really fast.

Post subject: Re: 200 points, no factions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:50 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Aqualish Assassin X8
Gran Raider X3
Durge
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
Ithorian Commander
Jabba, Crime Lord
Mas Amedda
Nom Anor

200pts. AA charge 12 and attack at +19 atk +40 dmg. Gran raiders are a little less powerful, without having both cunning, and opportunist, and less stats then the AA.

So basically it's Nom Bomb supped up majorly with Durge, Han STA, Jabba, IC, and Mas shoutin everything down. I use the Masquer on IC so Accurate Shot cant take him out. Heck Han can be used as a bomb to!

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:03 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, I played the AAs with Durge and Nom in a 150 no-faction match a couple weeks ago. Would've worked a lot better if I had taken a different map. But I was being silly and decided to play on Korriban, lol.

The only problem with the massive damage AAs is that they only have 1 attack. It's easy to block. My opponent with Thrawn and 2 JWMs wiped the floor with me, even though my AAs also had Evade from a BBSV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

LoboStele wrote:
Yeah, I played the AAs with Durge and Nom in a 150 no-faction match a couple weeks ago. Would've worked a lot better if I had taken a different map. But I was being silly and decided to play on Korriban, lol.

The only problem with the massive damage AAs is that they only have 1 attack. It's easy to block. My opponent with Thrawn and 2 JWMs wiped the floor with me, even though my AAs also had Evade from a BBSV.

What was your squad list?

Also, why were u playing Nom and BBSV in the same squad? Kicks n Giggles? (Well i supose on Korriban it probaly helped out.)

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ah, you know what, I was confused....I was thinking of something different. I didn't have Nom in there (probably was trying to figure out a way to squeeze him in but couldn't). I just rechecked my MiniManager and it was a 120 pt squad. It looked like this:

Durge
Ithorian Commander
Mas Amedda
BBSV
AA x5
Ugo x2

And yeah, Korriban was really dumb without SS, lol. And most everybody at the venue agreed that 120 pts was way too low for no-faction games. Not enough points to have any real fun with (two of the guys ran Thrawn with JWMs. :roll:)

Post subject: Re: 200 points, no factions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Boris wrote:
Someone brought it up the other day, what would a game of no factions look like at 200 points. I tried to explain to him that because each faction has a theme, tossing all the elements together would create some very broken combos, but he didn't seem convinced. So I tried to think up some examples. This is something I came up with to demonstrate.

26 Tarfful
08 Mas Amedda
39 Durge
25 Han in Stormtrooper Armor
09 R2, Astromech Droid
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
15 Ugnaught Demolitionist x5

Basically the idea is that the JWMs have Charging Fire, Momentum, and a base +16 Attack from anywhere on the board. If they run 6 squares or less, they can LS Assault at +20 for 30 damage each. Ouch!

Here's another one:

50 Darth Vader, Champion of the Sith
08 Obi-Wan, Jedi Spirit
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, JM
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
09 R2, Astromech
08 Mas Amedda

Load up on Force points for Vader and let Qui-Gon die to give Vader 6 more Force and MotF 2.

My personal favorite:
37 Thrawn
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
25 Stormtrooper x5
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
08 Mas Amedda

Once your Troopers are in position, swap in Mara at the end of a turn and let her run 6 for a LS Assault Then, do it again, this time with Cunning, and swap out for a JWM. As long as he doesn't die during the next phase, he can lay the smack down at +15, and if he's based a Force User, he has a whopping 26 Defense!

I like the second and third ones, you could also play Exar Kun with Chewbacca, Enraged Wookiee and R2 Astromech. Also, anything with disruptive would probably do quite well since most mixed faction squads are about abusing commander effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:02 pm 
General
General

How about:

Exar Kun [84]
Nom Anor [34]
Mon Mothma [23]
Princess Leia, Hoth Commander [19]
Mas Amedda [8]
Gran Raider x8 [32]

Exar swaps with super-stealth Grans that either resurrect or Death Strike and blow up after the swap.

Or:

General Windu [72]
Han Solo, Scoundrel [46]
Luke Skywalker, Hero of Yavin [35]
Princess Leia [20]
ASP-7 [10]
R2-D2, Astromech Droid [9]
Mas Amedda [8]

R2 and ASP get Han and Luke into position where they get 12 attacks (plus Flurry on Luke). Mace runs interference.

Or:

Warmaster Tsavong Lah [63]
Yoda [55]
Advance Agent, Officer [11]
Ithorian Commander [11]
Mas Amedda [8]
Yuuzhan Vong Warrior x6 [48]
Ugnaught Demolitionist [3]

Warriors are potentially attacking at +15 for 40 damage and they can reroll their Armor saves.

I could do this all day... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:26 am 
General
General

Sure, why not:

SBDC
BDO
Mas (hah booming voice on the SBDC)
Sith Assault Droid x 4
Ugnaught x 3
Battle Droid x 2