logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: NRAA?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Im trying to come up with an effective way to get Gen Wedge to benefit a swarm squad. My first idea was WFF, but then realized I could only bring in two of them to NR, and that was with the help of Garm. My next thought was to use AAs, which I think worked decently well, but I think there is definitely room for improvement here. Please let me know what you think.

Garm 45
Jaina 25-70
Han in armor 25-95
Gen Wedge 23- 118
CorSec officer 22-140
Dodonna 9- 149
6x AA 42- 191
3x Ugo

Garm brings in Ithorian Commander, but Im unsure of what else to bring in to help.

Bascally, the AAs gain Mobile, Evade, Its a Trap, and Deceptive, on top of getting the +4 +10from the IC.

Suggestions?

thanks

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

Post subject: Re: NRAA?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:18 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think the damage output is too low. The shooters are poor and won't be able to hit much. The assasins won't get much more then one hit on any one piece that is decent. If they can close to hit them.

I will give you the fact that you have plenty of activations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Im not saying this squad is perfect, in fact its far from it. The AAs are gonna do more than I think you expect, they are gonna be moving 12, swinging at +15, and hitting for 40dmg each, and then moving(if it doesnt provoke AoO), 2 more sqs thanks to Garm.

This is in addition to having Evade to help keep them alive, Mobile for when they dont really need to move 12, and Its a Trap to get rid of Stealth, so the not so hot shooters can actually take shots.

Im still struggling to come up with something to use that last part of Garms reinforcements on.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I'm not tracking how they can move two after a charging fire thanks to Garm?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

How does Garm grant them an extra 2 squares of movement? You can't use Mobile Attack with Charging Fire, so they can only move up to 12 and attack at the very end.

And I personally don't think the squad would work out all that great. The CorSec Officer is too fragile and since his CE is only "within 6 squares" you'd need to him out in the open, which means I'd be gunning for him first.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:09 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Apologies, I was mixing up Garms and Rs Leias abilties.

@jedispyder: I realize the Corsec officer is fragile, and that this squad in its current build might not fair all that well. Thats why I posted it here, so hopefully someone, though no one has thus far, would post some kind of helpful suggestion to make the squad better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:11 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

My thoughts are with Garm in this build. I can see the advantage of the Ithorian Commander in a new Republic squad, but I don't know where you are going with it. It would seem to me that you are spending 93 points on Commanders to make your 42 points of AA's really good AA's, The fact is that wedge's benefit is not mobile attack (Because you are using Charging fire.) It is only Evade. So why not leave this rebel and Pack a BBSV?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:15 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Han In Stormtrooper Armor 25
Ithorian Commander 11/36
R2-D2 8/44
General Dodonna 9/53
BBSV 20/73
10x AA 70/143
Shaak Ti/ Landspeeder 47/190
3x Ugnaught 9/199

Shaak Ti/ Landspeeder is just to draw some heat away from the AA's and with Master of the Force 2 and Evade, Shaak Ti is not bad at all.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:01 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Well the difference between Wedge and the BBSV is the all important Range! NO limit on Wedge's CE!

All the same. I don't think Wedge is a huge asset. I'd rather go with more AAs and more activations, and keep my swarm safe by out activating the enemy and moving my forces at the end of the round. The Corsec suffers the same issue as the BBSV does. The Range 6 restriction will make it difficult to use him effectively in all cases. I guess its your prerogative to use him. I can't make my mind either way. Its a nice +10 dam for the AAs to hit with, but he could also be replaced with... More AAs :P

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY