PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:36 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

2x Czerka Scientist (26)
1x General Dodonna (35)
1x Princess Leia HC (54)
2x Ugnaughts (60)
10x Wookie Freedom Fighters (140)

Wookies, Charging, Momentum Twin.......Ouch!

Wookies deal 600 damage per round and have 500 hp's

Czerka's have a chance to come back on death...So do wookies and ugos

Possibly trade out 1 wookie for 4 ugos for activations in able to out activate your opponent. and go at the end of the round. This probably isnt necesary.
In fact It would probably be more prudent to drop Dodonna and the ugos in this squad in favor of another wookie.

RAWRAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Scientist for the win
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL, that's hilarious. You're only going to get 1 or 2 good rounds out of the Czerkas unless you manage to roll the 16+, but even so, that's a crap load of Wookiees to work through. Even though the Wookiees do not depend on activating last in the round, it might be helpful for you to use Dodonna anyways in order to wait to use the Czerkas and the majority of your Wooks until the end of the round.

At the beginning of September we ran a night of 150 points, no commanders, and I used a combination of WFFs with the Czerka and Han Scoundrel. The Cunning/Twin with Jolt to start out, followed up with the Charging/Twin wookiees was absolutely awesome. Only squad I had trouble against were stupid Mando Scouts, and mostly because I lost the map roll. At 200 points, you shouldn't have to worry about that nearly as much.

I like it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Lobo you kind of said what I was thinking. Using Dodonna to get the wookies to go last so that Maybe I get a free round on their entry into the fray (essentially drawing first blood). I think this squad has potential although the squad that some of the boards have worked out with a Boba Merc, Swapping with Master Kota would definitely give this some headaches.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:33 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I think it would be worth it to work in the Rebel Leader and a couple of Mon Cals as well. I really don't think you will need two Scientists, if you have Dodonna and a Rebel Leader, so you can probably make do with one.

On second thought, drop Leia. Then you have the points to play with and can keep the second CS in there if you want.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:35 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Remix:

9x WFF = 126 points
General D. = 9 /135 points
Czerka = 13/ 148 points
Wicket= 8 / 156 points
A. Akbar = 21/ 177 points
4x ugo = 12/ 199 points

This is the version that I intend to use. Dodonna and the ugs to give me a little bit of activation advantage. Then run in late round with Wicket and Akbar and a Czerka, Swing with WFF +19 (essentially) with twin for 30 damage. Hopefully win Init with Akbar and Get 2 more wookies to go off. I think this squad has some serious potential, I will be continuing work on it until I feel that it is perfected.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:41 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Well Fool, that really is an age old question now. Since the release of Bounty Hunters we have debated whether or not it is better in a swarm squad to use Leia HC or simply use the points you would spend on her to bring in more of the Swarm. I will be honest in that most of the time for me this is determined by whether or not I have enough of the swarming unit to actually bring them in. With the Wookies though I could truly put out a squad of All wookie Freedom Fighters without running out. <14 is the magic number>

To me it comes down to the number of your swarming unit that you have in the squad in this case in order to fit in leia it would cost me 2x ugo and 1 x WFF, so the number becomes 8. Out of 8 saves I would likely make 2, meaning that leia saves me 28 points giving me a 9 point advantage. The drawback comes in that Leia is not guaranteed to make any saves and that she could be wasted points. Furthermore It is possible that the 9th WFF could mean the difference in taking out a large threat in the assualt round <Usually around round 2-3> The damage difference is 60, and that is pretty high.

Max Damage output for this squad per round is 540. With leia that goes down to 510 if leia hits, and that is not as likely as a wookie hit. So more like 480. 480 is still significant damage output in a single round and takes down most credible threats. 540 is higher, and probably also deals with most credible threats.

Lets look at a squad comparison to Triple Threat <still a viable 200 pt squad>

You lose the CE. so only shooting at + 15 v Kyle's 20 defence (3/4 hits). Same with Mara, and probably those 2 are pretty darn close to one another. 2 wooks v Kyle 90 damage, he's still up. 2 more 90 more He's down. But you have wasted an attack. 2 on Mara 90 damage, still up. 1 More brings her down. So you need a total of 8 wookies to work through Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade Jedi in one round. Pretty mean, but then u lose initiative and most likely Wicket and the Czerka. Greater Mobile from Han. Too little too late as you steam roll han with 3 Wookies remaining. You only need 8's even without any CE's. And In this particular matchup Leia is useless anyway because of Disruptive.

Similar to squad of San + Aurra + Boba Merc + Darth Tyranus Goes about the same way, although admitedly this one takes more damage because of Higher attacks, and the matchup is a little easier on this squad I think.
In this matchup people will lead with Tyranus when the rubber meets the road he will be your first target. Aurra will no doubt be able to put some hurt on you with a Blaster barrage, but I do not think she is all that Dangerous because she cannot eliminate a wookie in a single round. <Darth Tyranus can but it costs him 4 force points, Boba Can, but again only one.> I think this one gets steam rolled as well.

Leia becomes a matter of Taste. And I do believe that the real number for making her worth her points is probably 8 WFF, In this squad she is viable. However because I will prefer to have more damage output and more Wookies Upfront I choose to go without leia.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:01 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Leia becomes a matter of Taste. And I do believe that the real number for making her worth her points is probably 8 WFF, In this squad she is viable. However because I will prefer to have more damage output and more Wookies Upfront I choose to go without leia.

I agree. I prefer not to use Leia, as I want control over my squad, not the randomness of maybe bringing one back in the starting area late in the game, or having to deal with disruptive.

Two squads I would consider in adjusting your build are Panaka swaps, and Jolee boosted Vader and Boba. Both are tough matchups for you.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:40 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

This was the version I finally went with:
Admiral Akbar
Wicket
Czerka Scientist
Dodonna
7x WFF
6x Ugnaughts
3x Human Body Gaurds (longevity to the Scientist and Wicket)

3-0 Defeated:
Soul Powered Black And Blue (Panaka Swap squad using Mace Windu and Lando DS (Aurra was out there too)

Refrigerator Raiders
2x TTD's With Sidious
BDO; Geo Overseer, Bodygaurd Droid Plus some Ugos and Deliah Blue.

And A newbie Rag-tag that I could have beat with 150pt Vader JH Black and blue (hey he's a new guy, but I cannot build to have a fun game with him unless I plan to lose for the rest of the night)

ImageImage