logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: FEAR of the threat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:47 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

My shot at a gov. tarkin squad. http://www.swshoebox.com/displaySquad.c ... &arg=72893

The squad contains:
Darth Vader, Imperial Commander 53 pts.
Grand Admiral Thrawn 37 pts.
Sly Moore 28 pts.
Imperial Gov. tarkin 22 pts.
Mas 8 pts.
Stormies x9 45 pts.
Gran 4 pts.
ug 3 pts.

It just totally abuses vader+tarkin. Vader gets off 6 attacks per round, plus riposte. It has almost as much damage potential as B&B, actually. Use Thrawn to swap vader in, to move sly into LOS, or to more tarkin around to use doctrine of fear. It can put out a LOT of damage, and has good support as well. A LOT of swap fodder, that has great defense.

I think it is pretty solid. It reminds me somewhat of Billiv15's squad Exar Sings. I think it could use a med droid here. ( and I know it could also use lobot, but I want to be using troopers instead of various filler. And I'd have to take out sly moore for that though )

If you like it, comment it on shoebox or add it to your favorites if you really dig it. 8) Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:54 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Take out Vader IC and Tarkin, then put in either LV or Vader JH, that way you can increase you damage potential even more with sly. Though useing sly in a B&B build is kind of risky especially if the opponent has accurate shooters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:08 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Yeah, the whole needing to fail saves for Sly to give Vader more attacks makes me a bit nervous. For the 81 pts that Vader, IC and Sly cost, you can get Lord Vader and 2 more stormies. Yes, you do lose 3 defense on your stormtroopers (still get the +3 from Thrawn), but they gain Advantageous Attack (you also have 2 more of them to benefit from it, also upping your activation total), plus you have a much bigger offensive threat in Lord Vader who can can get 4 attacks in with either LS Assault-Twin Attack or with Tarkin's CE-Twin Attack. That would be my suggestion, assuming you have access to LV and 2 more STs....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Lord Vader does make more sense. I geuss Vader, IC just doen't cut it at this type of squad. I'll make the adjustments. Thanks.