Obi Wan Kenobi
Han Rogue 30
Princess Leia 20
Bothan Noble 17
General Dodanna 9
Mon Cal 4
Ugo X4 12

200pts 11 activations.

The purpose of this squad is to get Obi into the action at the end of a round, hopefully for a decent sweep. He really wants to die, but he should get some nice damage in before hand. Then Loda can go nuts. PL and the Bothan can give Loda/Obi plenty of extra attacks, and of course Han Rogue in the case of disruptive issues. Loda with 20+ fps and MotF4 is quite a handful.

To me, these are the squads where Dodanna shines, getting melee figures into the battle easily.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Loda LotF 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

As always, it looks great Bill. I can't think of a way to make it any better. But I'll give it a try.

I'm discovering that the Bothan Noble goes down fast to Boba or other good Accurate Shooters. Perhaps throwing in a Human BG, or such, can help keep him around a little longer, though there's absolutely nothing you can take out to put him in. So keep it as it is.

My long, convoluted way of saying - great squad!

P.S. Btw - it's Dodonna, not Dodanna. :D

She giveth, and she taketh away.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:56 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I'm surprised to see no overide. But you do have 4 ugos so perhaps that wont be an issue. When I play Melee pieces (more than 1/2 this squad) I usually appreciate the ability to close a door to deny shots, I know I ask this every time you design a squad, but once again:
What map do you plan to play this on? If it isn't Throne Room, then you wouldn't need the override.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:06 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Rancor Pit. In the end, I just couldn't fit in override. So I went the 4 ugo route instead. Should be fine, I can easily get my ugo to the doors on Chancelor's which is the only map that would bother me in 200 anyway.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Loda 70
Obi Wan Kenobi
Han Rogue 30
Princess Leia 20
Bothan Noble 17
General Dodanna 9
Mon Cal 4
Ugo X4 12

200pts 11 activations.

The purpose of this squad is to get Obi into the action at the end of a round, hopefully for a decent sweep. He really wants to die, but he should get some nice damage in before hand. Then Loda can go nuts. PL and the Bothan can give Loda/Obi plenty of extra attacks, and of course Han Rogue in the case of disruptive issues. Loda with 20+ fps and MotF4 is quite a handful.

To me, these are the squads where Dodanna shines, getting melee figures into the battle easily.

Unless you are up against Vong.

But, that is just the thing. I don't think that this build is in anyway an auto loss against Vong and if anything it has a very solid chance of coming up on top. You will always move Loda last and with all the extra attacks he makes you should be able to take out at least 1 VJH a round. Add in Han Rogue softening them up as they approach (with Leia and the Bothan even he can take out a VJH if Cunning is in effect) and the old man Obi able to take some heat off Loda and then suddenly Vong aren't so scary.

I really like this one Bill, good job. :lsfight:

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo