Mandalore

Here goes nothing

5x VJH 100
Yomin Carr 19/119
Nom Anor 34/153
Wicket 8/161
Shaper 21/182
3x Adv Scout 18/200

Ooglith goes on the Shaper. Basically you will want to play this on the Rancor Pit so that you cannot get screwed by doors. Keep the VJH's out of sight until you can get your ambush off with them. Keep within 6 of shaper and 5 of wicket (so targets are within 6). This squad has damage potential of 300 from the VJH's per round, and they are tough enough to hang in the fray for a while. The Shaper becomes a difficult target, because you have to go adjacent (or within 6 with disruptive) to even shoot at it.

The Advanced Scouts are there for the spit poison effect and thud bugs. If my opponent cannot activate a piece my job becomes easier. The real advantage to this squad is number of damage dealing activations. Really this has 9 pieces that can do 20 damage in an activation, and 5 of those can do 60. The hurt is range, this squad lacks it, but it also discourages opponents range.

Piece that presents the most trouble:
Han Solo Galactic Hero - Disruptive within 6 of shaper for a quick kill.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Yuzzan Vong 200 pt
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:52 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

you cannot ignore the problems caused by losing map roll.

Most people at 200 run the Throne room starship purely because of the doors. You MUST have uggies.

Lose a scout for 2 uggies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Taking fingers quote and modifying it for my own purpose:

you cannot ignore the problems caused by losing initiative roll.

Most people at 200 run Thrawn or an MTB purely to win initiative. You MUST have Recon/Tactics Broker.

Lose Wicket for a MTB.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:11 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Well in response to Fingers:
Ok sure that probably does work better, I just thought that the scout was less likely to die.

In response to Boris:
Can't be done, I need the pure firepower that I get by not having initiative control, and with this squad I am banking on 2 facts

1: Han Solo Galactic Hero exists and people play him a lot in order to have to roll for initiative.
2: Han Solo trumps other initiative control making people less likely to play them (It has been proven true at least in my local venue).

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I agree with Luke's init control arguement. In a squad like this, you are going to have to seriously lower the dmg potential of the squad to be able to run enough points for the MTB engine. Sure, Wicket for the MTB is one thing, but then what are you going to sacrifice? If nothing else, you will probably have to lose the 3 scouts for Ugo/ewoks , and then you might as well sack Carr, since his poison wont be doing that much.

If init control maybe had more of a sway on the dmg potential of the vong(if he was running AAO, for example), then I might agree with you, Boris, but with a squad like this, I dont see how its so important.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well really the entire squad need a slight revision...

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Dis1 wrote:
If init control maybe had more of a sway on the dmg potential of the vong(if he was running AAO, for example), then I might agree with you, Boris, but with a squad like this, I dont see how its so important.

Ack, I keep thinking Yomin Carr grants Cunning. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:56 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I'm contemplating using a similar squad for Tile Wars this weekend. Not sure though if Vong are that great in Tile Wars (due to them mostly being Melee). It would be fun to have a bunch of Advance Scouts spitting poison at the enemy and have the YVJH be able to do 30 each attack (add in an AAO and they can do 40 per attack against Jedi).

Again, Disruptive would cripple me. Yet having 3 YVJH game up on the Disruptive person wouldn't be too bad (3 successful sets of attacks and Han/Kyle would die)...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:23 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Disruptive is not that big of a deal with for this squad. It would just lose Poison and Spit Poison, which is only 50/50 anyway. The Shaper grants bonus through an SA, so not a concern.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:51 pm 

R5Don4 wrote:
Disruptive is not that big of a deal with for this squad. It would just lose Poison and Spit Poison, which is only 50/50 anyway. The Shaper grants bonus through an SA, so not a concern.

*pssst* Its got Nom Anor in the squad for SS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:46 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

That is Why disruptive does hurt. But The Only piece to worry about with Disruptive is Kyle katarn, because As you said, Han goes down in 3 sets of attacks. In addition Kyle gets 30 damage per hit and with 5 hits you bring him down (3 Jedi Hunter Assaults). NO-ONE plays that one fringe piece with Disruptive and 100 hp but even he would go down in 5 attacks. The fact is that Disruptive doesn't hurt bad because Tough people with disruptive are hard to find.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:38 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
That is Why disruptive does hurt. But The Only piece to worry about with Disruptive is Kyle katarn, because As you said, Han goes down in 3 sets of attacks. In addition Kyle gets 30 damage per hit and with 5 hits you bring him down (3 Jedi Hunter Assaults). NO-ONE plays that one fringe piece with Disruptive and 100 hp but even he would go down in 5 attacks. The fact is that Disruptive doesn't hurt bad because Tough people with disruptive are hard to find.

Actually, for some reason people like playing Nym where I play. Its almost expected during Tile Wars to go up against him, lol. But you are accurate, just gang up on the Disruptive character cause they'll be in the front line. Thinking of it that way, you'd probably need a solid shooter (Jariah Syn, Boba Enforcer, Aurra Sing) to help take the heat of the YVJHs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:25 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

So your map of choice is the Rancor pit. Could you beat someone who walls off part of the map with 4 Caamsi Nobles? Keep in mind they are a smart player and either have SS shooters (Imp, Reb, Rep) or use a turret (replacing 3 nobles) with repair. Count on your opponent getting Gambit round 1 and totally out activating you.

I don't think the Rancor pit is your best map. At least the hardboard has two ways around the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I have never seen a squad with more than one Noble. I guess I just don't think about them. I have also never seen the golan played, so I guess I didn't think about that either.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:26 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I have never seen a squad with more than one Noble. I guess I just don't think about them. I have also never seen the golan played, so I guess I didn't think about that either.

Lobot could bring in 4 of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:38 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Alright So against the Nobles, I could probably get shots from a couple of my shooters, and set them up so no LoS to other pieces. Also If I read lobot I don't have to use my map. In my experience SS squads tend to love Hardboard.

ImageImage