Darth Maul CotS
Darth Tyranus LotDS
Darth Sideous
Lobot
San Hill
Wicket
Bespin Gaurd
Ugo X4

This is an MTB engine squad. San Hill counters opposing MTBs and of course lets me set up late in rounds (even an opposing Tempo control figure isn't that big of a deal here, as I just want to minimize the attacks in one particular round).

I set up Maul for a quad, and tryanus for a Lightning 4 with Wicket in position to help Maul. Then the MTB offs San and the two kill something ugly, and likely activate another. If the MTB becomes a problem, you can pawn him away with Sid. Sid can either give extra fps to Maul for raging quads, or more likely, to DT for extra lightning!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: San's Legacy 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oh this is sweet. We're doing Faction Pure at ACME this week, and I'd thought about trying out something with the new Tyranus, and it ended up looking something like this, but without the Fringe pieces obviously.

I had completely missed the possibility of being able to Pawn away the MTB. That's hilarious. Might have to give something like this a try when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I realize it'll lower the dmg output of the squad by a good bit, but did you think of using Maul on Speeder instead of Champion?

With San helping you to out tempo-activate your opponent, accelerate to get right up to an opponents commander piece could be helpful.

Champion is still probably the better choice, but might be interesting with speeder too.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I always liked the original Maul better than either of those pieces, mainly for his rolling cleave.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Darth Maul CotS
Darth Tyranus LotDS
Darth Sideous
Lobot
San Hill
Wicket
Bespin Gaurd
Ugo X4

This is an MTB engine squad. San Hill counters opposing MTBs and of course lets me set up late in rounds (even an opposing Tempo control figure isn't that big of a deal here, as I just want to minimize the attacks in one particular round).

I set up Maul for a quad, and tryanus for a Lightning 4 with Wicket in position to help Maul. Then the MTB offs San and the two kill something ugly, and likely activate another. If the MTB becomes a problem, you can pawn him away with Sid. Sid can either give extra fps to Maul for raging quads, or more likely, to DT for extra lightning!

How do you deal with a solid Han GH or Han Rogue squad with Dodonna? You have no shooters and without your initiative control it seems very easy for a shooter based squad to take out your beats before they get there.

What about a Vong JH squad? How do you deal with them? Sure you can take out 1 a round, but as soon as you are engaged then you are looking at anywhere from 2-4 of them breathing down Maul's and Dooku's neck. With each of them needing a 7/8 (3/4 if Wicket is near) you will find those SL's falling very fast.

And don't forget another San squad. If you come up against a shooter based one that outactivates you it seems like it'd be a huge uphill battle for you.

I like it a lot, I just can think of many things that would give it a lot of trouble. Under ideal conditions it should do well.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo