logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New Republic Medley
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

A diverse squad meant to counter nearly every other competitive squad out there. I'm 2-0 with it so far.

Han Solo, Galactic Hero - 50
Shado Vao - 48
Jariah Syn - 24
Lobot - 27
Lando, Dashing Scoundrel - 18
General Dodonna - 9
Wicket - 8
x4 Ugnaught Demolitionist
Gran Raider - 4
~200

Thoughts on improvement?

EDIT: Revised

Last edited by Azrakel on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Republic Medley
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very interesting. The only thing I would be unsure about is Jariah. Sure, his Cunning Attack meshes well with the others, but unless you are getting almost all his bonuses he just doesn't do all that well, IMO. On top of that, he's fairly fragile if you leave him exposed at all. Then again, he makes for a decent distraction from your heavy hitters.

Overall pretty good. Looking to bring MTB, 4 Ugos with Lobot? Or is the Gonk just there to give Han extra attacks? On the currently legal 200 point maps, the Gonk is going to be pretty hard to use effectively. If Ruined Base or Yavin Temple get added, it won't be quite so bad, but still tough. It gets tough to find a position to safely hide the gonk, but still alow Han to Greater Mobile around it and get shots at people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

To go off of Lobo's question about Lobot's reinforcements, fi you are bringing in 4 Ugos and MTB, why not put the Ugos in the main build, instead of the Gonk, so that in those cases where bringing in the MTB is pointless(tempo/NTMTO squads), then you arent stuck with a gonk that can blow up in your face?

Plus as you have Dodonna, the extra activations in the Ugos could be useful. Why a Gran instead of a Ugo as well?

Have you fought against Vong yet? if so, then your 2-0 indicated you won, but was the match close?

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

The Gonk is in there for the extra attacks or the option of the MTB. Next game I play I'll probably swap it with Ugnaughts and bring it in for reinforcements if necessary. In both of the games I've played with the squad, Jariah has gotten to do at least two 80 damage activations with the Gonk's help.

Quote:
Plus as you have Dodonna, the extra activations in the Ugos could be useful. Why a Gran instead of a Ugo as well?

The Gran was just in there to maximize points, and because I usually find a Stealth gambit-grabber to be more useful than a 5th or 6th Ugnaught.

Quote:
On the currently legal 200 point maps, the Gonk is going to be pretty hard to use effectively.

Actually made this squad for the upcoming Vassal tournament, so the maps aren't only DCI legal 200 point ones.

Quote:
Have you fought against Vong yet? if so, then your 2-0 indicated you won, but was the match close?

No, I haven't got stuck fighting Vong yet. One squad I played against was a melee heavy Sith squad that I beat with no trouble at all. The other was P&B squad, heavy with super stealth. That one was fairly close... Roan got Cort off on Shado, but only did 30 damage total (I won init and he took 80 from Jariah + Gonk). Shado then played deflect meat shield as Han and Jariah rushed the SS. Ended with Shado and Lando dead, Han at 50, and Jariah at full.