Draco 33
Roan 57 (90)
Nyna 18 (108)
Jagged 10 (118)
2x Storm Commando 34 (152)
Veers Holo 17 (169)
3x Scout Troopers 24 (195)
ugo x 1 3 (198)

Basic Idea is one trooper sits with Veers (although others are nearby) other Troopers use combined fire to boost the SC's Attacks. Roan and Draco hold the opposition back while Nyna is your initiative control if it helps. The main thing is you have to keep someone in Gambit, and that someone will probably have to be either Roan or Draco.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Imperial SuperStealth Gimmick Squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:42 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

The only problem I see is that to keep the hologram alive, you have to have a trooper within 2 squares when it activates. Sure, those 3 you have do have SS, but there are still only 3 of them. I really think you have to use more of them, even with SS, to make sure your opponent doest out activate you, and move something big over and kill the troops right around the hologram, which means the following round, you send more troops to the slaughter, or sacrifice Veers by not putting more troops by him, so he dies when he activates.

Im still trying to come up with a good idea for a squad like this. I also really think that Thrawn is a very valuable piece in this squad type, cause you can switch people around to have better los, or even switch veers around to another trooper who might already have better los for a good shot.

I might change out Jagged/Roan/Draco(lowering total points used to 98)
for
Lord Vader,3x Scout Trooper, 2x Ugo

Youve got more door control, more activations, more troops to use Veers with, and Lord Vader, though youd probably need to play him defensively instead of offensively, since he cant switch out anywhere.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, you'll be in trouble with a squad like this, as you'll actualy only get to use Fire Support Mission on a VERY limited basis. I'd venture to guess that against this squad I could likely keep you to never using it at all in a game, but some of that would depend on what map we're playing on.

To top it all off, if I do base your melee pieces, you should be hesitant to use FSM at that point, for fear of hitting your own guys!

Dodonna, San, Disruptive and NTMTO will also cause you quite a few headaches. Actually, a Han GH and Kyle JBM squad could completely destroy this, with very little other support, IMO. You'd get no Bodyguard, no Recon, no Fire Support Mission (all Kyle has to do is Rush your Troopers, and he wouldn't have much trouble staying alive while doing that), no Gregarious. The Storm Commandos would be the only thing that Kyle should worry about, but even then it's not too bad since they aren't boosted by Thrawn's CE, and won't have guaranteed initiative.

Also, the post-TFU squad I posted that had Thrawn, Ozzel, Piett, Lando HOT, Holo Veers, and bunches of troopers would probably hose this as well. In that squad, I can actually grant FSM to a trooper, and then swap it into the right position to pull off the ability. Makes it MUCH more dangerous.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

good Idea with the swap, I was thinking Base someone with Roan in LOS from the troopers then run away taking the AoO and using lightsaber block in an attempt to Crotosis Gauntlet it. But what you said made much more sense.

ImageImage