Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Cade Skywalker, BH 61 pts.
Han, Galactic Hero 50 pts.
Aurra Sing 37 pts.
Lobot 27 pts.
Luke, Force Spirit 10 pts.
Ugnaughts x5 15 pts.

Ideal reinforcements are 4 more uggs and a MTB. You can auto-win initative, and snipe out with Han, and cade or aurra. Not good enough? Luke grants Cade renewal, so the healing never stops. 400 HP and heal 40 is quite nice. Also consider NTMTO, Disruptive, splash, and accurate shot. A lot of damage, and a lot more HP.

This is a draft of this squad, but I don't really see where I can improve upon. I was thinking about dadonna, but he just isn't needed. I'd rather have the MTB option.

Comments are welcome

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject: Re: Sorry...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So how do you kill of the MTB? Pretty stupid to do IMHO.

Dodonna would be great here. Ability to move last could let you set up for the early round strike.

I still think Boba Bh trumps Cade as a mini but this is a good fit you made.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

thejumpingflea wrote:
So how do you kill of the MTB? Pretty stupid to do IMHO.

Well, he could always splash him with Cade. I also would go with Dodonna. If no Dodonna, then I would pick Boba Merc EVERY single time in this build...and with Dodonna probably Boba BH. I just don't like Cade very much since I have been playing him. The chances of going against stealth are so big he is basically worthless for me and giving him spirit really doesn't do anything for me either. I have come to the conclusion that the only way I am playing Cade is with Bothan Nobles and that is just in my "fun" squads. I would never bring him to a tourney, but hey that is just me. :boba:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

You know, Cade does not have all of the tricks that a Boba Fett has, but he does more damage. He gets a ranged quad attack that splashes. He is great swarm control, and with the initiative control that this squad brings to the table I think that Cade makes an acceptable Exit strategy for the MTB. Around round 6-7 you can run the Mtb Adjacent to a legal target, then splash him. The chances of you succeeding on 4 consecutive splash saves is next to nill in fact it is just over a 6% chance. That's very nearly the equivalent of rolling a one. I think that it is a chance you can take.

Though admittedly, it's ballsy.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:07 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I like it. Counter opposing init control, and run your own. Pretty nice combo unless you hit another NTMTOs figure, but then, your damage isn't really based on init anyway. Good set up.

Next, splash killing the MTB isnt that big of a deal as LS pointed out. And getting off the quads will be much easier with the MTB. You have 9 ugos, that's probably plenty.

And to everyone who keeps saying Dodanna, you are wrong. He has 400hps. Dodonna is not needed, the MTB is a much much better option for him than one round of setting up. I feel like a broken record on this, but think about a squad before you tell someone to run Dodanna. Heck, start playtesting Dodanna. Not every squad should run him.

If anything, I would drop Aurra and and Luke for Lando DS, the Ugnaught Boss, and another Ugo. That way, you don't have to worry about killing the MTB with splash at all, and your ugos now decimate opposing fodder in the gambit fodder wars.

Luke is a fine option for Cade, but not for Heal. You will find that you rarely want to/get to use Heal at all, let alone more often than once per game. So the fps are not needed for Heal. Where Luke benefits Cade is with mettle for rerolling his attacks and saves. And for that reason alone it can be worth it. But I don't think you "need" it, so I would go with the Ugo Boss in his place.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 am 

Read this:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... st15670783

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:41 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I thought about Billiv15's suggestions, and while I think they are good, I think Aurra is really needed as a 2nd accurate shooter. Thanks for the advice though. Luke is also a nice figure for the healing and mettle, especially against non-uniques.

While Dodonna doesn't fit in this build, I think using him is obviously an option in other squads. Honestly, like every other mini, Dodonna should ONLY be used if: It increases the power of the squad or CLEARLY assists in the strategy aspect in some way or another, OR in response to the local meta that utalizes such minis as san, ozzzel, ect. He can be placed in some squads and will help. But he must be planned around. There really are no "throw in" minis that will vastly increase the power or versitility of the squad. The only real exception is R-2 Doombot, because tow cable and override are just a great deal on a 9 pt. piece. R-2 is a throw-in, because every squad he is in will improve in some way or another from his abilities. This is not always the case with Dodonna, however.

Dodonna is a poweful miniature, but should only be used, as with any other miniature, with careful planning, strategy, and consideration.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:24 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

When I see an MTB option I immediately think general Dodonna. My reason is this:
1. You should NEVER have the MTB in the main Build. he is reinforcements
2. There are squads you will face where the MTB will be useless
3. General Dodonna in the squad allows for a quick transition from heavy front end damage to heavy back end damage.
4. The MTB set up has you loaded with activations, if you are not going to bring the MTB because of circumstances such as opposing NTMTO's, then the most simple conversion is to just add activations and switch around the way your squad plays.

I agree that General Dodonna is not needed in every squad, however I would say that he is a welcome addition to any squad thinking about running a MTB engine.

@ Sir_Steve

I am not suggesting that you add Dodonna to your squad I am merely responding to comments that Dodonna is not needed in every squad.

ImageImage