Mandalore
Mandalore

Lobot
Dodonna
Boba Fett BH
Han Galactic Hero
Deliah Blue
Lando Dashing Scoundrel

Reinforcements: 6 x ugnaughts. Lobot is there as door control, but unfortunately his reinforcements are a lock. Although in 200 it might be better to drop him altogether for a total of 9 ugnaughts added to the build. Use Han and Deliah, then slow your activations down, finish the round with Boba Fett and the Dashing Scoundrel. The major benefit of this squad is that every shooter involved is highly mobile allowing for a lot of unanswered shots. Let me know what you think.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Pseudo-San Hill
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:59 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This looks pretty solid, but I'd be afraid of the same thing I always am with a San-style squad... rushing swarms. You may be able to negate that a bit since you can activate two a turn with Dodonna, but I'd still be wary of seeing a JWM swarm against this. Even Boba doesn't have a real easy time hitting them consistently.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:16 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah, I'm not sure what to add to give this squad a little crowd control. Kyle is nice in that role, but in order to add him you either have to drop Boba, or you have to drop Lobot and Deliah. It really changes up the whole look of the squad. The other option is to drop Han, and try to find something workable in the rebels, but I don't think that sounds feasible. After all Han is the ultimate in counter pieces and I really like playing with him. He is a game changer before he ever fires a shot.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

You may be ok without a bruiser to hold off the melee swarms, you'll just have to yield the center of the board and play from the back/corners of the map. This would only get hairy in the rancor pit since the swarms could hide as they advance most of the way to your side of the board, all the while gaining gambit and building a lead on you. Dodonna makes the need for a meatshield a little less since you can move two pieces and get more damage down first activation of each round, which is really why San needed that piece to slow down the rush. Give it a shot and let us know how it works :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:18 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I have 2 200 point tournaments coming up in the next 7 days, but I have so many squad ideas for it (see all the threads here started by me in the last week) that I just don't know what I want to play.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:22 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I dont neccessarily think you need a beat in here to help handle melee swarms. JWM maybe, but I havent, at least in our area, seen one of those in awhile.

Anyway, if they are playing a swarm, you just have to play Han a little more aggressivly. Have him move up so his disruptive cancels whatever you need it to cancel, unload with him and the rest of your shooters. Init. Unload with your shooters, then move han back out after he fires.

Yes, it can be dangerous, butit can pay off big too. No risk, no reward. :P

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:08 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Anyone play this over the weekend? Again, I had it ready to go, but didn't get a chance.

-b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I would suggest dropping Lando DS and putting activations directly in the squad. Then, you can use Lobot to bring in Lando if you think it's a good choice for the squad, or you can bring more activations, fodder, etc.

Against swarm squads, you could bring Aqualish Assassins, or Wicket (which, actually, Wicket + 4 Ugs would be great even in the current build, and VERY good against the JWM swarms).

I wouldn't worry about the JWM swarms too much. Boba can fly away easy enough, and you have enough potential to really pound them at a distance as they cross the map towards you. They'll either blow most their FPs on Deflects early on, or take a good deal of damage along the way. Then you use all the Accurate Shot you have to specifically target the pieces that have FPs left. Force them to either take damage or use the FPs before they close in on you. Then, as long as you win init often enough, both Han and Boba can take two shots and move 6. Though Han has to take the AoO, I'd say it's worth it because it then forces the JWMs to burn MORE FPs for Assaults, or only get 1 attack after moving (which would be 2 attacks total, same as if you stood still). Fett especially has a nice deal there with no AoOs and the ability to move freely over terrain and put more than 6 squares movement between himwelf and the JWMs.

Honestly, I'd almost be more worried about Vong JH swarms than JWM swarms. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Ok so against Vong Jedi Hunters I could be in some trouble, but if I target the shaper and Use Han aggressively I should be able to limit their damage output to 20/round. That is NOT scary from a 20 point melee piece.

ImageImage