PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Dart Caedus 60
Boba Fett, Merc 58
Darth Nihl 42
Lobot 27
Ugnaught x4 12

8 activations before Lobot potential 14 (most likely bring in Wicket and 4 more uggies)

Now I think most people know why Boba and Caedus fit together, but you may be asking why Nihl? I added Nihl because on second look he doesn't look all that bad for 42 points, his CE is almost worthless but could come in handy. The hope is that he might fly in under the radar with Boba and Caedus looking like the more immediate threat, by no means is he the main attacker Boba and Caedus are both superior but Nihl can do plenty of damage as a number 3. He's like Carlos Gullien hitting behind Magglio Ordonez and Miguel Cabrera (for those baseball fans out there :lol: )

could it work? if you think Nihl is worthless how could those 42 points be better used?

Post subject: Re: 200 point try at Caedus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:08 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

at that point cost what do you think of any of these Figures:

Aurra Sing (high Defense Sniper)

Deliah Blue (mobile attacking Accurate Shot)

Lando Dashing Scoundrel (Mixing it up with some Major points to spare).

Although all of these options are tempting to add into the mix here as a tertiary damage dealer at 30 points of Damage/round with decent attack ratings or Super high attack ratings, none of them are a potential Melee beat to hold your opponents off of the pieces that you really want to lay on the hurt with. Nihl has some potential to do this. It is a choice of what you really want to do. I personally would not be comfortable with +13 for 30 4 times (at a cost of 4 force points) Followed by 2 shots at +18 for 30. The potential is high, but with a LOT of pieces running around with 20 defense and duelist, Caedus will miss a lot. Nihl will miss a lot too. I would feel better with Aurra 10 lower on damage potential per round, but Almost always a gauranteed hit.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
at that point cost what do you think of any of these Figures:

Aurra Sing (high Defense Sniper)

Deliah Blue (mobile attacking Accurate Shot)

Lando Dashing Scoundrel (Mixing it up with some Major points to spare).

Although all of these options are tempting to add into the mix here as a tertiary damage dealer at 30 points of Damage/round with decent attack ratings or Super high attack ratings, none of them are a potential Melee beat to hold your opponents off of the pieces that you really want to lay on the hurt with. Nihl has some potential to do this. It is a choice of what you really want to do. I personally would not be comfortable with +13 for 30 4 times (at a cost of 4 force points) Followed by 2 shots at +18 for 30. The potential is high, but with a LOT of pieces running around with 20 defense and duelist, Caedus will miss a lot. Nihl will miss a lot too. I would feel better with Aurra 10 lower on damage potential per round, but Almost always a gauranteed hit.

I like Deliah and Lando and Both have been in talks for this squad, Nihl Could be replaced by Lando and Jariah Syan, personally I like Deliah a lot better then Jariah, I even considered Zuckuss as another intuition accurate shooter. I did not think of Aurra I think i have overlooked her recently but it is something to consider, also wickett effectivley makes caedus +17, and I realize I cannot count on wickett being there all the time. I really want to test variant versions of this but have had to work everyvtime there are games at my LGS :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Aurra is not really a piece that you want to overlook, although I am not convinced that she is the perfect fit for your squad, I thought she deserved to be listed as an option and an alternative.

ImageImage