Luke LotLS 39
Mon Cal 4
Rebel trooper 5
Ugo X2 6
General Dodanna
Leia Senator
Rebel Leader

200pts 110 Acts + Garm

Garm likely brings more Rebel Spotters, but obviously there are lots of other options to work with. The main idea is to mobile early with Cade and Luke, then as the opponent closes in, to activate late in the round to set up the massive spotter hits.

I may have too much tech in this one, but I really wanted to make a semi-competitive Cade squad and I think this does it. The biggest key will be to understand what to bring with Garm when, but generally, lots of spotter targets (can get 7) from Garm should really put this over the top. Luke and Cade can both really benefit from the spotters for both the +4/6 and the +20dmg.

Heck, if set up correctly, you could get Luke hitting for 80, Cade for 160 with splash, Garm for 30, and the Rebel Leader for 60, all at solid attack ratings, and all in one round. That requires 9 spotters. Guess how many I can get? :) 330dmg potential in one round is not to be ignored.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Cade Spotting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, that's awesome, Bill. And Cade and Luke can Mobile the whole time as well. I can't wait to get a hold of a Cade and start trying him out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Nice.

I've thought of Garm + Senator for Cade getting his 4 attacks off. I don't think i liek the spotter here though. I'd rather see a bothan for increased Cade output when you need it.
I htink that then frees up Garm to bring in Override or the leader and 4 mon cals if you still need it.

Luke LotLS is great but i'd also like to see this with Han Hero instead to really get som punch out of Cade, might be starting to get a bit too one trick then though.

I'm just throwing out ideas here though, havn't actually sat down and tried to figure the correct pieces for what i want to achieve yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Spotter is really great, but isn't there a new republic piece with Flanking support? I think that would be a real possibility for increasing attacks in this squad. At least one might be nice.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I really don't like Cade too much. I think it is the lack of accurate...

That being said, I do like this build. Luke LotLS is the perfect fit here as he gives the accurate to go with Cade.

If I were you though I would drop the Rebel Leader and an Uggo for Ackbar. He gives you a much needed attack boost and minor initiative control as well. With Garm and Dodonna you should do more than fine for activations. (Possible +17 attack for Luke and possible +20 attack for Cade! Yikes!)

Then if you really want the spotter you can bring in a Rebel Leader and 3x Mon Cals.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Come on Flea, Spotter gives me either a +4 attack or a +6 depending on the position of the combine fire piece in relation to the Leader. Why would I drop that for a conditional +4 from Ackbar? I can easily get Luke and Cade to whatever attack value I want with this.

Lack of Accurate shot is more than covered in this build. I have plenty of scrub killers, and I certainly don't mind shooting ugos with Cade early on. In fact, I would prefer to kill their fodder first, so that the big dogs have no choice but to rush me. Then its game on my terms with spotter craziness.

I think people seem to be stuck on the idea of how you play Boba. Hide as much as possible, and never get close. Cade really is not to be played that way. Lack of accurate means nothing when you get in close, its the same idea with Jango. And with Garm he can continue to move as needed to set up shots on the right targets.

I'm not saying spotter is the end all be all of Cade, but I think you have underrated it. There are lots of other options. The Rebel Cade builds should likely start with Garm and Leia. From there your options are open. You need an accurate shooter so its either Han or Luke. Then you need something to boost your damage, or another shooter. I like Spotter squads at 200. Always done real well with them. Heck, I have never lost with Luke HoY, Han RH, Chewy RH, Obi FS and Rebel Leader. Everyone forgets that Chewy gains spotter :)

But if you don't like spotter, run a troop cart for cade. Run a Golan and throw in Deliah for extra accurate and repair. But the base is the same.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:20 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

You seem to be counting on the game being played on your terms, which doesn't always happen. I'd make some minor changes and try this instead:

Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter 61
Garm Bel Iblis 45
Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side 39
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Force Spirit 8
General Dodanna 9
Princess Leia, Senator 13
x2 Twi'lek Rebel Agent 18
x2 Ugnaught Demolitionist 6
~199, 10 activations

You get Spotters with Stealth and you get Obi Ghost, so you can reroll all you like and Heal 40 if things don't go your way, and, of course, Garm still lets you get that last-minute customization.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am 

Azrakel wrote:
You seem to be counting on the game being played on your terms, which doesn't always happen. I'd make some minor changes and try this instead:

Yep, and I rarely have to worry about it otherwise. Even at Gencon.

I think what you mean is that I am stating this as if I will always get spotters off. And obviously I know that is not true. Nor do I always want or need it to be true.

Spotter is really a bonus that you can use to do several things. First, you can advance them carefully and slowly into the gambit area. Then you can set up a spotter swarm, where you rush a fig with 4-5 spotters where they cannot get them all. Now you have created a massive threat that your opponent must deal with in which case means they leave your beat alone, or they get nailed next round.

Option 2 - Spotters are incredibly great defensive figures. Use mobile to gain a small lead and follow concept #1 above. Once you have secured gambit and a points lead, your opponent must advance into the trap. Its really not that hard to set this stuff up if you know what you are doing. As I said before, I have run spotter squads like this over and over again, and I understand the issues well.