logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: PnB Oppurtunist Squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

So, Im working on a PnB(which I from now on will refer to as 'peanut butter' :P) squad that uses Aqualish Assassins, which gives you several characters with Oppurtunist to smack your opponent with. So far, this is what I have come up with.

Thrawn 37
Mas 8/45
Nina 18/63
Ozzel 11/74
Emp Roan Fel 57/131
Lando, DS 18/149
Aqualish Assassin x6 42/191
Ugo Demolitionist x3 9/200

I put Lando in these to add a little bit of ranged support. With the bonus from Thrawn, the AA's have a natural +10 to hit before their Oppurtunist, pretty good, I think.

Problems are I dont think the damage output is high enough, and my only means of door control are not options for Thrawns swap for the rest of the figs in the squad.

Any advice or suggestions would be great.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

Post subject: Re: PnB Oppurtunist Squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:18 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

A big weakness is the prevalence of Melee pieces. I believe this could be better balanced with the addition of a Storm Commando in place of Lando (super stealth beats evade) Even though this is cunning instead of opportunist I believe that it is hard to pass on when using Nina.

The only other thing I could think of would be trying to work a BBSV into the build, purely so that the Aqualish can get grenades 10. That adds some ranged threat to those pieces.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Yeah I'd agree with the dropping of the Lando in favor of a StormCommando, since there is a reasonably good chance that you'll be winning init. You may as well capitalize on that. I think that Imp SS is very solid right now, with Thrawn you can keep some of your pieces in his Bubble so that they won't be affected by Force Sense.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok, so if I drop the Lando, and put in the Commando(17pts?) that puts me at 199 points. Do you think I need the Ozzel for this? I want to say hes not neccessary, but at the same time, nearly every squad Ive seen lately that has a slow play piece available to the faction has been using it.

Could his points be better spent?

I like the idea of giving the AAs Grenades, but I dont think Ive got the points to do it without losing either the Commando/Lando or some of the AAs, which would then make the Vigo less useful.

Suggestions?

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:24 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Come on, somebody?

Help me out with this thing, please!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:26 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

if you can work in Jabba Cl, then the AAs willl always have 20 damage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

All I am saying is this: You cannot open the round with a triple and then swap away thanks to Ozzel, so in order to be your most effective you may have to take some damage on your main hitter. If your main Hitter goes down, you are in trouble. Oh and you lose if they play Kyle Katarn Jedi Battlemaster.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
All I am saying is this: You cannot open the round with a triple and then swap away thanks to Ozzel, so in order to be your most effective you may have to take some damage on your main hitter. If your main Hitter goes down, you are in trouble. Oh and you lose if they play Kyle Katarn Jedi Battlemaster.

That's the problem with Peanut Butter. Even if you didn't have Ozzel, Fel would triple but only with a +12 attack. And if you leave fel out in the open for just a round or two, he can get shot down really easy.

Any KKJM would lay waste to this, yes. LV can do a lot more to him, since he can be out of range before running up and attacking 4 times.