logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: NR Cannon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Just for fun, I had to put this together. Its quite entertaining, and more powerful that you might think, but certainly not Tier 1. But it does have some nice tricks that the Rebel standard does not. So I give you, the NR Cannon.

Jaina Solo 25
Garm 45
Han Scoundrel 46
Kyle Katarn Jedi BM 54
Luke FS 10
GA Scout 13
Ugo X2

199pts, 8 activations plus Garm's.

First, I have two cunning attackers, and two attackers who can take advantage of Garm's CE. Garm has lots of options for his reinforcements with this, starting with the Bothan Noble and Rauntaun, but also, activations when needed, Override if needed, a Golan, etc.

Luke likely haunts Han to give him the needed fps and mettle. Its about as close as you can get to a true Han Cannon in the NR, but it has the added benefit of a serious melee threat to keep them off Han and Jaina. It also adds hard to kill disruptive, which is not to be overlooked. Jaina becomes quite good when you cannot focus on her. And if you face a melee squad, well Luke Haunts Kyle instead.

The Scout is there to hang with Han to combine fire and to prevent someone from rushing him. And in a key situation, you can use his flanking support to get Jaina and/or Kyle a -4 to opposing defense Really quite the bargain considering he won't be a target for most of the game.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: NR Cannon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:53 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

This does seem like it'd be pretty powerful and the option to choose whether to haunt Kyle or Han gives a ton of flexibility. Kyle is beast on his own and will likely draw a big target on his back vs Han so he can shoot freely for a while while Kyle dishes major damage. Either way Jaina should be able to run around and when she isn't focused on she can crank out decent damage.

So if Kyle is haunted Han combines with the scout and very likely hits his opp and gets a free -4 defense for his other attack. :pilot: Very nasty combo

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject: Re: NR Cannon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:23 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I originally was not very impressed with this squad. It looked to me like instead of boosting the effectiveness of the Han Cannon Squad with your extra points, you made it new republic. Then I saw what Kyle Katarn can do (OMG) I have used Luke Young Jedi as a stall piece for a han cannon, and That works well enough, but the big thing about Kyle is that he can get rid of super stealth allowing Han to really unload on someone. I really like this squad, though I think that instead of Rebel Trooper on Taun Taun you should bring in 4 mon Cals, and instead of the Galactic Alliance Scout you should bring Dodonna and another Ugnaught. I believe that those improvements would allow this squad to out activate most any of the meta squads and take some unanswered shots from Han.

ImageImage