logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Never Ending Mower
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:53 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I made this squad for fun, but I don't care if you critque it as competive. As I would like to know what it could do in the competive realm. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mara 45
Han GH 50
Jacen 25
Leia RH 14
Luke Spirit 10
General D 9
Lobot
Force Adept 10
3x Ughs

Bring in MTB and four ughs most of the time. The kill for the MTB is Jacen, and Luke gives his power to Jacen. Allowing him to have unlimited bombs, but it should only get the mower off twice, because Leia can only take two hits of his power. Han and Mara are the consistent damage dealers, and you should always get the init with Han. Also in a pinch, Luke can give Light spirit to Mara. I think it looks fun, but I'm not sure of if it is competitive.

Post subject: Re: Never Ending Mower
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:41 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

OK so don't hit leia with the power, you choose the order in which damage is assigned. Step farther away than 6 squares before you have to target leia with it. Now you do have a never ending lawn mower. Except for the fact that Jacen is so fragile that if anyone ever gets a shot on him they will drop him, Likely in one activation. it is a fun gimmick when it works unfortunately it is very difficult to pull off, though killing the Force Adept with the MTB is a great way to set it up.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

It is gimmicky, but it also has solid support in Han, GH and Mara. The squad doesn't revolve around the gimmick, so it should work out okay depending on the match up. I also do love killing the FA with the Muun for Unleash the Force.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:45 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
OK so don't hit leia with the power, you choose the order in which damage is assigned. Step farther away than 6 squares before you have to target leia with it. Now you do have a never ending lawn mower. Except for the fact that Jacen is so fragile that if anyone ever gets a shot on him they will drop him, Likely in one activation. it is a fun gimmick when it works unfortunately it is very difficult to pull off, though killing the Force Adept with the MTB is a great way to set it up.

Can you explain how it is never ending? I only see how you can do it once, then move 2, then do it again next time. Or is that what you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:21 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Sure here we go.

Jacen nukes while within 6 of leia. Presumably there is a multitude of enemies whom he wishes to dispatch of. say Stormtroopers for example.

"Alright save for that stormtrooper first, oh look he died, jacen moves 2. Lets try the next stormtrooper, oh look he died I guess I'll move another 2. Hey look Now I am within 6 squares of your Lando Dashing Scoundrel Save for him, oh no you failed guess he dies and now I move 2. Darn now I am more than 6 squares away from leia, guess the power cant hit her"

since the movement is immediate based on when you kill someone, if you can use leia's commander effect to move away from her before selecting her as a target she NEVER GETS HIT with the nuke.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Jacen nukes while within 6 of leia. Presumably there is a multitude of enemies whom he wishes to dispatch of. say Stormtroopers for example.
"Alright save for that stormtrooper first, oh look he died, jacen moves 2. Lets try the next stormtrooper, oh look he died I guess I'll move another 2. Hey look Now I am within 6 squares of your Lando Dashing Scoundrel Save for him, oh no you failed guess he dies and now I move 2. Darn now I am more than 6 squares away from leia, guess the power cant hit her"
since the movement is immediate based on when you kill someone, if you can use leia's commander effect to move away from her before selecting her as a target she NEVER GETS HIT with the nuke.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is so evil it hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:01 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Oh, its great, when it works. The trouble is just how hard is it exactly to take out a 50 hp character (he takes 10 damage from empathy when the nuke gets set up) before that happens. His defensive capabilities just suck. When this works you'll love it, the problem is that it rarely does.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:05 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Sure here we go.

So it's never-ending so long as there are more enemies to kill, and you have to stay within 6 of leia until the very last time you decide to move, when you move away and finish it. Right?

And then one more thing: Do you have to nuke right when the force user is defeated? Or can you do it on his turn as long as a force user of yours has been defeated? Because if it is the former, then why does it replace attacks? THIS IS CONFUSING!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

He can use it to replace attacks any time you activate him after the force user has been killed. So, no, it doesnt have to be RIGHT when the force user dies, just whenever you decide its most advantageous to use it.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

mrmikedrum wrote:
Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Sure here we go.

So it's never-ending so long as there are more enemies to kill, and you have to stay within 6 of leia until the very last time you decide to move, when you move away and finish it. Right?

And then one more thing: Do you have to nuke right when the force user is defeated? Or can you do it on his turn as long as a force user of yours has been defeated? Because if it is the former, then why does it replace attacks? THIS IS CONFUSING!!!

No the only prerequisite is that a character in your squad with a force rating has been defeated, so I usually set it up by using the MTB to kill off a human force adept.

ImageImage