20 Princess Leia
16 Elite Rebel Commando
12 Deena Shan
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
[200pts. 11 activations]

With the Vong apparently ready to make a move into the meta with this new set, that can potentially bump Luke's Snowspeeder (one of the Vong's worst nightmares) up a notch as well. I played this squad the other night against thereisnotry, and I really liked it. He was playing Vong (which I didn't know when I made the squad)--but that's where the name of the squad came from.

A couple of observations about the new pieces:

-Deliah Blue is just awesome! However, I'm not sure that she completely replaces Chewie of Hoth as the Snowspeeder's best friend. Her Mobile, Cunning, Accurate attack is just too good to pass up most of the time. I almost lost the Speeder, because I waited too long to start repairing. I can't imagine a situation where I'll ever use her for Gunner +10. Chewie on the other hand, isn't much of an attacker. I'm fine with using him every round to repair or combine fire. And for 11 points less, I think he's the better option for Snowspeeder support. Deliah is just a good member of the squad though (think Aurra Sing). If I pull her in my case, I think she'll be in most of the new squads I make.

-Dodonna's CE rocks. It's going to be hard to leave him out of Rebel/NR squads post-LotF.

-Admiral Ackbar was the MVP of my team. He's not a new character, I know, but he's been given new life with this set. His CE combined with Dodonna's really boosted the attacks of my squad (since everyone else was a follower, besides Leia). The Snowspeeder only had to attack at +12 once or twice the entire skirmish (usually +16). If Han or Deliah didn't get to use Cunning Attack, they still could get the +4 Attack from Ackbar. Also, I think I won every single initiative (often thanks to Ackbar's Recon). It's a Trap helped me get a few shots in on Super Stealthed Scouts.

-The Elite Rebel Commando is great. They could have just given him Override, and he'd be worth his points. But with +7 Twin (that goes up to +11 with Ackbar), he's a decent attacker too, for only 16 points--not to mention his 50 Hit Points.

-Deena Shan: meh. She died too quickly for me to judge if she would be worth playing over Juno. Her best assets (18 Defense and Stealth) were all but useless against Warmaster Tsavong Lah. She did have a nice target on her back that kept the heat off my other figures for a round, but that's about all I can say about her.