Mandalore

3x Uggernaught
Thrawn
Mas
Veers
Lobot
Jawa

Reinforcements, Jabba Crimelord + Jawa

The idea is simple. Run 12 shoot everything you see twice, swap repeat. +13 twins for 30 damage.... Ouch. Play on the hardboard map.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Jugger-er I mean Uggernaught
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:30 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

It has good damage output, but I think its a bit low on activations. Most 200 point squads need around 13 activations or higher.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:24 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Xanthan, he's going to go first, move 12, Furious Assault with Cunning and Accurate. Take out atleast half the Character's team, he's not going to need activations to be too high. Nice Squad!
I might take out an Uggernaught for some Techs for repair amd regular ugnaughts to open some pesky doors. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:35 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

It looks fun and could do really well though Loda would ruin you by reflectign all your shots right back at you and with a +13 some of the big jedi might be able to survive deflecting shots and just not getting hit and be able to ruin the uggernauts.

Super Stealth would murder you though as this team relies on shooting at by not being able to see anything would get ruined.

Otherwise it looks really fun and could be a pain to play against after getting all your pieces twin'ed for 30 damage a shot then swap out and do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:56 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Gotta throw my $.02 in. I played this in my last DCI 200 tournament but have yet to write up the tournament summary. I had:

Uggernaught x3
Thrawn
Mas
Veers
Jabba
Uggy
Uggy Tech x2

Well, since this isn't the tournament summary forum, I'll just summarize as such: I destroyed everything I faced. Wasn't even a contest. Played on the Rancor Pit, kept one Uggernaught in the back with both techs adjacent to it. I would win initiative, run out 12 and nail everything with the first one, the do the same with the second one. The opponent would go and try to inflict as much damage as he could on the lead uggernaught (usually not doing nearly enough with two activations). Next round, swap in the rear uggernaught and do it a third time (all but two of my opponent's figs were still unactivated). In the mean time, the lead uggernaught that took damage is getting repaired by the techs at the pit stop. Rinse and repeat to the despair of the opponent.

I have to say, I had my reservations about this squad, but it destroyed everything EASILY. I beat SS Republic, Loda (with disruptive pieces!), and even a JWM swarm with it. The weapon masters have block, but can only attempt it 3 times before they have to take everything. Superstealth was a little harder, and I lost my only uggernaught to them getting into base contact, but once I did, they all went down hard. It was easier than I thought (though Nom Bombs would understandably be harder). And Loda? Well, I used the uggernaughts to kill everything else, and then ran Thrawn up behind my front line to give them force immunity. Game.

Honestly, this squad is worth me taking the time to write up the tournament summary for everyone as it is way stronger than it first appears, but I'm sure I'll try it again even after LotF comes out (yes, even with all the disruptive in the set) and explore it's coolness further. It is strong and I encourage everyone to mess around with it before giving it a label one way or the other, myself included. Some of the sqauds we came up with to counter it was Nom Bombs which, if you can keep them in cover will usually inflict too much damage via self-destruct to gain back from repairing. Also, a squad with a few REALLY big beat sticks gives it some trouble. We tried a Revan/Bane/Ewok swarm against it and it wasn't pretty. Revan counteracts the initiative control of Thrawn and gets Bane into base contact with the uggies easier. Bane took them down rather quick.

Well that's all I have right now. Again, my advice is to try it. Oh, and people generally think uggernaughts stink (they kinda do without the 70+ points of support) and you can trade almost nothing for them like I did. Then after the tournament everyone wanted to trade for them back (offering better stuff of course). It was hysterical.