Obi-Wan Kenobi, Force Spirit-8
Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed-28
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero-30
C-3PO and R2-D2-18
Juno Eclipse-8
Lobot-27
Ugnaught Demolishonist x5-15
=200

Another one my my Han Scoundrel squads, very flexible. Lobot brings in Gonk and MTB, giving me 6 rounds of initiative control. I had tried one with a boss, but then I lose 1 activation. This one seems to be the best, and I have 2 distruptives. Giving me a lot of control with the enemy commander effects. I have 3 threats, Han-Luke-Chewy, all of which are very good. I was considering taking out Juno, but then I'd be 2 points shy for another if I put 2 ugs.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Another Han Turret: From Verjal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:56 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Dude that actually sounds really good. Sounds good the way it is :lsfight:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:59 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think the squad is great, but I think the squad needs 2 or 3 more ugs. Other than that, I think the squad could handle a lot of squads out there, just watch out for squads that have both master tactician with Lobot, since they could bring in an MTB to counter your own MTB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:10 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm not entirely sure the MTB will work for you, since your opponent can just run away from you for those 3 rounds. Han can hit just about anything (but he'll lose Mettle when he has to run and chase, because Obi can't keep up), and Luke's push is nothing to sneeze at. I'm just thinking that you don't have enough fodder for the MTB to be worth it. Maybe it would be better to bring Lando DS with Lobot's reinforcements. That will give you a third big threat (+12 for 30dmg is nice), and he has Opportunist to complement Han's cunning.

The base squad itself is excellent, though. I wouldn't change anything there. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:26 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

He would have 6 rounds with the 5 ugs and the gonk. Its not bad, but I also dont think its enough zack. I would either get rid of juno for a couple more, or change it up completely and not worry about using the MTB engine. With Han I usually want to win inits late in the game, but the MTB wont be around. So you would be better served to use lobot for another shooter - or drop him completely and insert something else into the squad.

For example, you could use lobot's points for a Golan Turret. Its a pretty great piece to protect Han and gain gambit.

Ive used a squad pretty much just like that and it works great. Yours is fine as is, just dont think you will find the MTB to be worth it in this case.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Yeah, I have alot of spar reinforcement pieces. Just if I really need init I have it. Lando DS is going to be the most likely choice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thats a really solid squad idea; and will work VERY well! The only issue I could see is the lack of Anti-Melee characters - You should do pretty well facing a ranged squad, but if someone manages to run a big character towards Han you'll be forced to fling Chewie at them (not always a bad choice, but it'll hurt), or run away.

It might sound stupid, but you could invest 10-15 points in Nobles just to block melee characters from reaching him :P

<Joruus> - (its VASSAL, so you'll crit or roll a 1)
*** 1d20B = 1 *** <Yodarulz>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:20 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Joruus Cbaoth wrote:
Thats a really solid squad idea; and will work VERY well! The only issue I could see is the lack of Anti-Melee characters - You should do pretty well facing a ranged squad, but if someone manages to run a big character towards Han you'll be forced to fling Chewie at them (not always a bad choice, but it'll hurt), or run away.

It might sound stupid, but you could invest 10-15 points in Nobles just to block melee characters from reaching him :P

Han with Leia A&E can do a lot of damage to melee characters, but chewy can help handle that definitely, I don't think the Han Cannon will have much trouble with melee squads. Except for maybe B&B squads that have a MTB of their own through Lobot, which would make it difficult for B&B since they would have to get rid of swap fodder at the end of every round so even then B&B would have trouble with the Han Cannon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I dont think it beats B&B that goes for maximized activation count. Builds like this are incredible at taking out squads based around a single large threat (such as a melee beatstick). Where you will run into significant amounts of trouble is against Swarm Squads (That han only Brings down 2 aqualish assassins per round WITH leia's extra attack) especially of the Nom Bomb with Vong bombs variety.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:40 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

ImageNom Bombs are my Kryptonite. . . :dad:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:09 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I dont think it beats B&B that goes for maximized activation count. Builds like this are incredible at taking out squads based around a single large threat (such as a melee beatstick). Where you will run into significant amounts of trouble is against Swarm Squads (That han only Brings down 2 aqualish assassins per round WITH leia's extra attack) especially of the Nom Bomb with Vong bombs variety.

Chewy is a pretty good swarm killer. Everyone forgets about cleave. He can kill 4 figs in a round with PL. He also has two figures with disruptive so any melee swarms are getting nerfed if they get in range. I dont think its a big deal at all really.

And Han Cannon squads can beat B&B. You just pick off swappers and hide.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Perhaps this needs another thread, but has anyone else thought about using Luke's Snowspeeder in 150 points instead of Han Solo, Scoundrel in a Han Cannon Style squad. Something of the nature of Dr. Divot's Gencon squad from 07

45/45 Luke's Snowspeeder
20/65 Princess Leia
8/73 Obi wan Force Spirit
35/108 Han Solo Rebel Hero
8/116 Juno Eclipse
18/134 R2-D2 and C3P0
26/160 Golan Anti Infantry Turret
30/190 Chewbacca Rebel Hero
9/199 3x Ugnaught Demolitionist

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Huh? Divot played Broken Boba at GC'07.

Anyways...I don't think it's a terribly bad idea, but what you listed is a 200 point squad. Not really sure the best way to pare that down to 150. The main potential of the Han Cannon build is the fact that with Cunning Attack, you can 130 damage in a round, with a decent attack rating. Luke's SS will only be able to 90 max with PL. Sure, Han RH will help with that some, but in order to utilize Han RH, PL, and Obi-1 FG with Luke's SS, you have to give up a LOT of mobility. On top of that, for the point cost, I think it's much better to use the Landspeeder than the Snowspeeder, as it actually has a much better survival rate, IMO.

Actually, come to think of it, I know somebody played Han RH, Landspeeder, Leia at GC'07...Maybe it was Bill, can't remember for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:18 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

im sorry it was actually Brazillia. And I posted the 150 version recently, You really think that the landspeeder has that much more survivability? I think DR 10 helps a ton.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

DR10 only helps against non-Lightsabers, and there's plenty of Lightsabers in the 150-pt Meta (JWMs, Aurra JH, Shaak Ti, Exar Kun, Vader JH, LV, etc.). The DR10 really only helps against non-adjacent enemies, and in that case, the Landspeeder has Deflect (and 2 more FPs than the SS as well). Plus the fact that it has 50 more HP, Force Alter and Mind Trick. I guess Flight and Speed 16 on the SS will help it survive against the Melee lightsabers. It's probably a personal preference thing though.

However, the biggest thing to using the LS over the SS in 150 is the Huge factor. You're always running the chance you'll get screwed by maps.