Boba Fett, Mercenary [58]
Shaak Ti, Jedi Master [47]
Han Solo, Rebel Hero [35]
Lobot [27]
Ugnaught Demo. x9 [27]
Caasmasi Noble [5]
-----
Total: 199 with 13+ activations

Ok, so you bring in a MTB and Gonk in most situations. With this you send Shaak up towards Gambit to meet the opponent and keep Boba and Han back. This allows for big ranged damage from behind. When the going gets rough for Shaak move Han in near her so she can dish out 80 damage in 2 swings. Only 3 threats, but they are big ones at that.

What do you think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: A Cunning Shaak
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Looks good other than I think you forgot to add lobot to your list of pieces. I've been playing around with Shaak at 150 and I really like the results. She's very versatile and hard to kill, which is going to make her a staple in republic/rebel squads I think. You've got plenty of Accurate Range here, I'd just worry about an opposing MTB or Han, Rogue. Overall I really like it, If I played much 200 I think this would be pretty similar to something I would run!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I dont think either one is a problem. If he runs into a Han, Rogue then he has enough activations to bring in Lando DS for some more power shooting. Another MTB, he can bring his own in and then its normal dice rolls.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:34 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

My point was that the point of the squad is to take advantage of going first to do maximum damage. If his opponent uses Han, Rogue or his own MTB, it is going to disrupt your damage potential. though 2/3 of the damage potential has accurate, so you could just pick targets further in the back that have yet to activate. It is not really that big a problem, you're right, I was just pointing out the one thing that I thought would disrupt the squad the most.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, any time you look at using an MTB engine, Han Rogue or an opposing MTB will be your greatest concern. Han Rogue AND an MTB will be the worst one to face, as it means you will absolutely not get to go first.

However, as Ruthven pointed out, with Accurate shooting Boba and Han RH, you can do your best to try and knock out the fodder activations early in the game, and force your opponent to lose their own MTB earlier then they'd like to.

Flea, I think you've definitely got a good build here though. Shaak Ti is simply a beast, in my experience. I ran her with Quinlan Vos Infiltrator, and the two of them nearly wiped out 3 JWMs and a Tarfful with very little assistance from the rest of my squad.

Having both the Ranged and Melee threat could be absolutely brutal. If you're able to keep enough of your MTB engine alive until the later rounds of the game, you could get off a 160 damage phase with Shaak and Boba activating first, and both within 6 of Han. Quite nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:39 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I played a version of this at the LGS today and went 4-0 with it, my toughest match up was a JWM/Boba Enforce/Yoda CS swarm that was using Yoda and Mas to let the Jedi and Fett reroll their saves. I won only because I manged to kill just enough of his pieces before time was called, but I would have lost if we had let it play out I am pretty sure. This is definitely a good squad and it is fun, but my struggle with Melee swarm concerned me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:38 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the squad, like many have already pointed out, an opposing MTB or Han rogue could cause some trouble for your squad, so you may want to take out Han rebel hero for Han rogue so you can still use the MTB. Other than that I think the squad's great.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:29 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

It needs an ugo Boss. Well worth losing a few ugos for it. :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm going to give this squad a spin in a friendly vs the brother. Looks good as is and having Boba/Han as backup can't get much better.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

billiv15 wrote:
It needs an ugo Boss. Well worth losing a few ugos for it. :)

That was my thought. If you are running so many uggos, why no tput their deaths to use? Although a gonk on Boba is scary.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:52 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I may have to play this again sometime and try the Ugnaught Boss. I had him as part of my possible reinforcements, but I never used him over MTB/Gonk. I used a Bespin Guard instead of a Caamasi and dropped and ugnaught for a Mon Cal tech. I'm thinking they didn't help me as much since there were there primarily for combining fire. I'm debating the right build for this squad because I really like having a 4-5 point shooter or two for combining fire. Maybe my reinforcements could be MTB/Bespin/2 Ugnaughts. anyone have additional thoughts for what the optimal reinforcements?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:31 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Looks like a solid squad, alot of damage. My one thing I want to point out is that low HP except for Shaak.. Han and Boba will drop fast, I'm sure your capable enough to not get them in those situations though.