logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Explosive Carnage
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:37 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I have enjoyed the Felcor. I ran him very successfully with Kota, and so now i was looking for a new way to run him. I almost went with Yoda for rerolling his Parry, but then i thought about the piece. It is great vs melee, but it suffers to shooters as the only defense it has is its defense. I came up with a way to take shooters out of the equation:

Nom Anor
Felcor (ooglithed)
Boba Enforcer
Lobot
Wicket
x3 AAs
x2 Vong Advanced Scouts
x2 Gran Raiders
200pts/12 base activations

I ahd a lot of fun running this. It is technically only 2-0 because i had a by the first round. Round two i faced Adam. He is a mid teen i think that always runs Sep Droids and does so pretty well. He still makes some play mistakes, but he knows his squad very well and he matures and becomes a better player he is going to be very good. He runs greivous SC, Viper, Huge crab, small crab, BDO, ug techs. That is a lot of damage with high attacks. He can beat anyone on a given day if not very careful. We played on the rancor pit and he had the pen side. Lobot brought the Amanin and another AA. He started with the huge crab and viper in the pen. I moved Boba out in front of lobot and then moved lobot to lock the door. I thought that would be gaem, but i did not see the regular ug hiding on the far side of the Viper (stupid huges). That mistake nearly cost me Fett as he got a single shot off with the viper and a double with the crab. Luckily i evaded two fo the shots and won the next init to get Boba and Lobot out of LoS. Because he led with the viper and i didnt want to risk the rebound i mobile attacked with missiles, which actually did a lot of damage. He moved up and based the Felcor who was in cover on the bottle neck. He dished out a lot of damage. I dont think the Felcor lasted three rounds, but it did its own share of damage. Between the bombs and the felcors attack, when the felcor finally went down its death explosion took out the Viper as well. Fett had taken out his healers earlier. My AAs followed by a couple death bombs finished off the huge crab who was wounded from some earlier missiles and i took control of the game.

The second was against Klecser in a very good game that came down to my last attack. He ran Han Rogue, Luke Unleashed, Juno (big piece here), Shaak, Enforcer and some other stuff. It was again on the rancor pit with him on the good side. I went with 5 grans for extra explosiveness against Shaak. We both reached gambit in round two and stayed even until the final round. Because of Juno i held the felcor back on the opposite side of the one square block to keep in cover and used my smaller guys to get the gambit. He advanced Shaak up to the last room on the side. I won the next init and HIt shaak with a thud bug ( from the second vong. first failed). That really helped, but the he moved Juno up into the cell and disrupted that big block there. I could not get anyone else up there because they would lose their SS, and i didnt want the felcor getting teed off on. Fett was playing cat and mouse up the hallway. Luke got a nasty force push off on him with a hair string LoS. Of course i turned around and missiled him right back and hit. Because of the lack of stealth and using my Vong early, they were picked off as were a couple free gran and some for points. At in the game with time running out i finally picked off Juno. The rancor managed to move 10 squares, using a FP and MR2 into the cell to kill her. Klecser won the next init and attacked a gran that was leading a cluster in the elevator at the end of the hallway. I lost 2 AAs and some free gran. I think i lost wicket at some point too. Shaak took 20 from that and she had some damage from earlier as well. That brought her up to 50 DAM after i ran another AA up to attack her. At the end of that round time had run out, so i knew i only had one shot at this. I ran a free gran and another gran up to Shaak so she was surrounded by four characters. Boba then missiled Shaak. Shaak made her save, but my second fig failed, setting off the chain of all four doing 80 DAM and killing her. I won the game something like 45-32. A very good game.

Outside of the disruptive, was very happy with the way it ran. A heftier piece (talon, R2PO) might be its undoing, but as long as i can figure out what to bring with Lobot, i think it is a very solid squad. I just love the idea of an ooglithed felcor!

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: Explosive Carnage
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:43 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I also like the squad idea. A SS felcor is just amazingly good. It really helps to overcome its' lack of ranged defense. It also makes it literally a huge bomb, and gives SS squads somthing to actually use against jedi besides vonskyrs.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee