38 Boba Fett, Enforcer
37 Aurra Sing
27 Lobot
11 Admiral Ozzel
18 Lando, Dashing Scoundrel
08 Mas Amedda
05 Camaasi Noble
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Super Trooper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That first squad looks VERY familiar. ;)

I decimated our local play group with almost that exact same squad, but with Holo Veers instead of the Storm Commando. I found as I thought about the squad, that I would typically be using Thrawn to swap Evo Troopers into place for 40 damage shots, rather than putting the Storm Commando in place. You'll probably have one chance where you'll swap the SC in at the beginning of a round for his 60 damage, and then your opponent will kill the SC. I found that Holo Veers, combined with Thrawn's ysalimiri bubble wreaked havoc on my opponent's for the evening. Granted, it's quite luck based, but the guaranteed 10 damage, against any units within 2 squares of your target, ends up being great for taking out general scrubs/activations, or things like Ugnaughts.

The second squad definitely looks nasty as well. Just hope you don't roll 1's when you really don't want them. :P

Post subject: Re: Super Trooper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
That first squad looks VERY familiar. ;)

I decimated our local play group with almost that exact same squad, but with Holo Veers instead of the Storm Commando. I found as I thought about the squad, that I would typically be using Thrawn to swap Evo Troopers into place for 40 damage shots, rather than putting the Storm Commando in place. You'll probably have one chance where you'll swap the SC in at the beginning of a round for his 60 damage, and then your opponent will kill the SC. I found that Holo Veers, combined with Thrawn's ysalimiri bubble wreaked havoc on my opponent's for the evening. Granted, it's quite luck based, but the guaranteed 10 damage, against any units within 2 squares of your target, ends up being great for taking out general scrubs/activations, or things like Ugnaughts.

The second squad definitely looks nasty as well. Just hope you don't roll 1's when you really don't want them. :P

I really haven't used Holo Veers. Maybe I should since only one or 2 other people in my play group has it, so they wouldn't be expecting it.

I would probably need to drop a Raxus Prime and a Stormtrooper for 3 Ugnaught Demolitionists, though. The SC is my only source of door control.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg