Aurra
Lando DS
R2
Mas
Wicket
x2 ewols
x2 ugs
11 activations, 199pts.

Aurra gets some beefy stats, so she can pretty much sit in LoS with cover and not worry too much about getting hit. Lando also has a nice beefy shot and the Rancor, while slowed by movement, will have a nice 23 base defense. Since it will almost always have cover, it too will be hard to hit. I am thinking Throne room for this one to help with the rancor.

Thoughts?

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: Kota's Pet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Looks good, that Felcor is gonna be amazingly hard to take out. With a 23 defense OUT OF COVER there are few shooters that can consistently hit it. Then there's Parry with Force, not fun.

Nice squad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:19 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was tinkering with some other similiar builds and came up with a Han ST variant where basically you lose R2 and Mas and gain Han ST. Which do you guys think would be more advantageous - a charging rancor or a towed Kota with a board wide CE?

-Obi wan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Towed Kota is better, in two activations he can deal way more than a Rancor can, even if its from 12 squares away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:25 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I finally had a chance to play this this weekend. I really liked the way it worked. We played four rounds and i went undfeated. Two of the four were against kids, so were even easier than it should have been. All four games were on the rancor pit.

One round was against a kid that is actually pretty good. He also runs something we never see - DROIDS! He ran Grievous, X-1, huge crab, small crab, BDO and repair/ug filler. his play needs a bit more polish, but he knows his squad very well and does a great job with it. With two major guns (one of which you cant shoot) shooting at +16/17s for 30 DAM is scary. I was trying to be cautious because he could hit my characters, but he still lit me up. After the first round of fighting, He had Aurra down to 40HP (couple hits plus a crit from the small crab), so i had to hide her the rest of the game. Kota let off a huge burst that killed off his tech and activated both his huge crab and viper. He laid out some big damage, but i sliced through his droids with the Rancor and Kota (helped by some ugs jamming shooters).

The one tough game i had was with ironlightsaber. He ran Vader UL, Emperor, thrawn, x3 commandos, and ozzel. We both wanted rancor pit, but i got the cage side. This one scared me. I ran up to the middle. The felcor started in the pen and ran to the middle. I saw him coming up from other side and getting dug into the other side of the wall. I ran my felcor around to the other side, making sure that the Rancors base stayed on the two cover squares on the edge of the wall. He tried a couple shots, but missed on my huge defense. It spooked him and he drew back. He gave me the next start i think. I could have charged two of his commandos that were tucked against the far wall. I could have killed one of his commandos as he could only have swapped out one of them.

Instead i chose to pull the rancor back to the other side. This was a very paced game as we were each putting a lot of thought into our moves. With about 8 minutes or so left, i had built up a four round gambit lead. He had to kill something to have a shot, bt i kept Kota and R2 hidden behind (not touching!) the felcor and Lando stayed back with Mas well away from the action once i feared losing him. Aurra and Wicket stayed shut in the first room. I wanted to pop her out, but i would have left her open and i wasnt positive she would get the shot before taking a lot of damage.

He tried bringing Vader up the side hallway, but i pulled R2 and Kota back and locked the room coming out onto the floor. He had no one near Vader, so Vader was sealed off for a couple rounds form Thrawn, until Palps opened the back door. He finally got up to the corner and threw some grenades at my rancor. i saved a couple and lost a couple, but since my rancor wasnt moving, he regenerated about 40pts off his damage.

It came to time and i won by the 20pt gambit lead i had. I never made an attack, which i really didnt like, but against that squad, as soon as i stuck someone out there, they were most likely going to die, possibly without an attack.

In the end, the huge defenses of Aurra and the Rancor were a major boon. This squad was fun to play and i think i varied how i played it every game. My shooters could soften a target before Kota repulses and the rancor unleashes.

-Obi wan