3x Noble

All 4 games were on the Rancor pit.

Game 1
Not too serious squad of:
Telosian Tank Droid
CotF Maul
Darth Sidious, Lord of the Sith
Darth Tyranus

I won init (MT) and just kept hitting his figs. He did get back to back crits with his TTD on my Uggeranut the first turn.

I lost 3x Ugo and a noble (splash damage).

Game 2
Darth Revan
Sith Trooper Commander
6x Sith Trooper
3x Ugo
TTD

He won all the init until the last turn (both hainvg MT means we need to roll). I kept shooting the Ugg at everything that I could. Ugo's (19 def in cover) stayed in front to take the shots. Eventually it was just his Revan vs the rest of my squad. Revan used force lightening to kill 2x ugo (the Uggernaut was inside the bubble with one of nine squares). I finally used the Noble wall correctly and kept Revan from killing any good figs.

I lost 4x Ugo

Game 3 vs Ulic (Lord_Nihl)
He played:
Loda
PL
Han, SC
Obi, FS
3x WFF (oops, you should have only used 2)
Juno
R2 3PO
Great 212 point squad (not DCI and I did not add up the points)

Right off the bat, I got four shots on Loda (only had 3 FP). The uggernaut took 10 from LReflect). Loda took 60. This squad has a real tough time with mobile (Han, SC). I spent the second turn of the game hidding my uggernauts from his Han (not thinking that activated they have a 23 def to Han's 9 att = 14's for only 20). To list all my mistakes would take a while. The Imp officer has a CE not an SA (Mas helps out with this). Don't place a rigid fig in the Rancor pen B. By placing one figure two squares out prevents the rigid huge from leaving (no squeeze). Did you know that you can not Thrawn swap from 3 away from R2 3PO (Ulic, Sithborg and I all missed this until several activations later, then again we are all new players and don't know all the SA's :)).

My big series of misses happened this game. I had a cunning attack on 2x WFF, Juno and Leia. +13 att, twin on each. I needed 5's to hit. I hit Leia, Juno and one WFF for 30 each. That is it. Then I used the Imp officer to attack Leia (missed both attacks). I have never rolled that many 1, 3 and 4's in a row before. Ulic was shocked (this tops his 6 failed saves with Loda from last Saturday's DCI tourney).

My Uggernaut got a killing shot on Loda (ran him out of FP, 3 failed saves in a row). Han killed that Uggernaut (thanks to Obi's mettle). I won init and based Han for 60. The Imp officer killed the last WFF and the uggernaut killed Han.

I won, but lost lots of figs.

Game 4
Zambioni
Luke/Obi speeder
Han in STA
PL
Ithorian commander
2x Kamino's
3-4 wookiee commando's
3-4 AA's
R2 3PO
Twilek BG
3-4 Ugo's

I'm not real sure of his squad (read below to find out).

We both move up on the first turn (he's on the lower left). I win init the second turn and move up an Uggernaut for the shot on his entire squad. I killed everything but, R2 3PO, Luke/Obi speeder (60 damage), Ithorian commander, and Han in STA(30 damage).

Question: Did we play this correctly?
I started shooting his figs in the front row. When they were dead, I had clear line of sight to the next row of figs. I mowed through his squad (without cover on most of his figs). Is that correct? I think it is. We were not sure.

Conclusions:
This squad is a blast to play. I think either of the other 2 maps would be really hard to play on. This squad really has a problem with mobile attackers. Barring bad rolls, +13 twin for 30 damage is great.

I think you might need to have a way to beat this squad for large DCI 200 events, but it will not be a winning squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

ha
the weekend after the release- aguy ran almost the exact same squad
for our Tilewars trouney!
he was killin'em!

But sombody had disruptive, and slowed things down quit a bit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No Bryan....NOBODY had disruptive that night when we played Tile Wars. Steve's games were all over in about 20 minutes apiece. His game against James was the only one that went longer, and that was purely because James was taking a lot of time trying to figure out if there was ANY way to beat it (which there wasn't for him).

It IS a great squad, but could get hosed up a little on maps. Just kind of depends. for playing games on either Throne Room or Starship, I would try to squeeze in Lobot somehow (could use him to bring in Jabba and a Jawa or something). Highly mobile squads on Throne Room or Starship will give you a lot of headaches.

It is a brutal squad though. I haven't played enough against it yet though to figure out the best way to beat it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:48 am 
General
General

Poor Mark (Zamboni) had to face an Accurate Twin Furious Assault with his army of scrubs... That's a bad matchup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

shinja wrote:
Poor Mark (Zamboni) had to face an Accurate Twin Furious Assault with his army of scrubs... That's a bad matchup.

Yes, it was really a poor matchup. Even on a different map, it would have been a poor matchup. The best he could hope for on the Rancor pit is using mobile to attack my figs (which I would not let him see).