logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Shield and Mace
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

After the SHNN show last night talking about the shooter prevalent meta, 115pt Krayt and the NZ gatekeeper squad dominating the regional scene this year, I was thinking Mace + Gungan Shield Bearer might be a good choice to combat the changes in the meta. Let me know what you guys think. I'd like to get this squad worked out to be the best build possible. I think it could be very interesting to play the way things are currently looking in the meta.

--Sheild and Mace--
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
27 Lobot
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
12 Klatooinian Assassin
10 Figrin D'an
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

I personally like having Figrin D'an for his Distraction + Draw fire ability. Distraction can help vs a Poggle bomb squad/Naboo Deathshot or a Talon squads tactics with Embo. Lobot can bring in a Killik worker for a cheap 10 hp BG and also a LIN Droid or you can bring in a second Klat + R7. I've been trying to gameplan what the optimal positioning you would place these figures at, and I am liking what I am seeing. I like how the Gungan SB is a good answer against the Commando Droids, and if they decided to go after the SB directly with Accurate shot, you can use Draw Fire with Figirin. Usually I would prefer to have Rex or 3 seperate Klats, but I think the meta currently is saying that a Gungan SB is a factor you'll need to consider. I like how you can go with at least 2 klats. So just wondering what you guys think. Does this squad stand a good chance currently?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.