logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Wookin' Pa Nub (200)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:32 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here is a silly squad, that I've had in a round about way for a little bit. I did it to prove the point that it was the Empire that really fought for freedom :P I updated it a bit with the inclusion of the Raxus Prime, which fit the style of the squad a bit better.

Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord 62
Grand Admiral Thrawn 37
Mas Amedda 8
Clone Commander Gree 18
Wookie Freedom Fighter x3 (42 - 3 = 39)
Raxus Prime Trooper x6 30
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2 6

Total: 200 (15 activations)

Perhaps not as devastating a swap as Lord Vader, but it doesn't rely on force as much, which is good with things like Loda prowling around. It is however, much more mobile.

Gree makes all the difference; here your troopers can harass, and then hop back without getting shot, one of the weaknesses with B&B. He can also move 16 with no AoO, making him a 'sneaky snake', and a great way to get in there and hammer a crucial piece.

Raxus prime also fit better then stormtroopers. Since they can hop, def isn't as crucial, while attack is more so. Wall climber also helps them to swap behind the line targets like Gree, who even helps them move further for that, too.

Palps can even assault or lightning :P So the range this squad with a swap is very good.

And that's not even the best part - souped up Freedom Fighters for a great charge! And they can be swapped for even more charges!

I really enjoy the play style of this squad, and it's fast becoming one of my favorites. Thoughts?

Last edited by GreyWolf on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:43 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

dnemiller wrote:
What map do you like the best for it?

Certainly not Mustifar :P

Death Star, Cloud City, the map on the other side of Mustifar (can't remember what it's called at the moment).

Basically any map that's open, yet not, and has lots of nooks and crannies. You can spread out, and jump on top of people from many different angles.

Map choice is generally not something I've given a lot of thought, actually (if you couldn't tell, don't stake me for that). I always liked that to be a surprise, and to make do with what I had to. What maps would be suggested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I had forgotten about the ravaged base! That is a fun place to play, and I don't think the Jedi temple or Muunilist would be too bad either. I don't see those maps often.

Uggies are probably a good idea; dropping one does get to two. Confound their small base though :x Edited in.

Thanks for the tips! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:13 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I can definitely see it happening. Really, I have the points to fit two in, and more activations do tend to serve this type of squad better.

I tend to forget, since the play area around me doesn't own a Lobot, and I'm the only one who plays Rebels, the repercussions of lock down. I have played it, have gotten around it / been destroyed by it, and not even effected in some cases. But since a good bit of the support for the game in my area dried up for whatever reason, tournies got discontinued.

The phrase 'out of sight, out of mind' comes along.

Now I only get to play with two or three guys once a week if I'm lucky, and it's only 1 game in a 30 minute club period at school, and the odd once a month game of vassal against Aleo.

That means, I try to have fun when I play, and it's obvious that it's showing here. I am curious, though, would this even hold a candle to anything at Gen Con?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:41 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Fun it certainly is - I get a kick out of it.

I keep my Thrawn out of sight, and not easily tracked - but I never leave him behind. If he needs to give me some force immunity, it will be there.

Thanks Dean 8)