Kota 55
Rancor 52
Han ST 25
Leia HC 19
2-1B 17
Nikto (x5) 25
Ug (x2) 6
Total= 199

The idea with this squad is to keep the rancor in front to absorb a majority of the ranged damage or place ugs/niktos to take shots. The rancor is continuosly healed by 2-1B and Leia can allow to rancor to return. Save the rancor's FP to reroll PL's revive save. Have han in the squad to allow the rancor to move 16 and base the opponent's beatstick when necessary, and han adds an additional annoyance. Kota is there to boost the rancor and help the niktos shoot stuff past the rancor. Most of the damage in this squad is meant to be done by the rancor and kota's repulse when available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Too bad Obi-Wan Jedi Spirit has to be tied to a Unique Force user. That would make this an incredibly nasty squad otherwise. Certainly an interesting idea, though the Niktos confuse me a bit. Are you hoping they'll be able to sit behind the Rancor and shoot past it with Sniper? I'm not sure they'll hit much anyways, even with the help from Sniper, and if anybody has any cheap accurate shooters (like Juno, or Correllians, for instance) the Nikto's will just be cannon fodder. You might consider putting in Lobot instead of the 5 Niktos and 1 Ugo. Then you have the ability to customize against your opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Good point with Lobot... I just got him not all that long ago so I never think about putting him in squads... I don't have Obi FS anyways, The niktos are there to provide cover fire, and in some circumstances take shots for more valuable pieces in the squad (like the Ugs) I used this squad Saturday and it basically won. (we were play four games at the same time and once one game was finished, the remaining units on the winners squad may join another battle that was going on, it was fun. Too bad my opponent was down to a half health Aurra CS, and brought in his jango BH and Aurra JH from on of the other games he had just won.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Woah...interesting play style.....

When it comes to Lobot, anytime I look at putting in close to 20 or more points of Fringe pieces, I automatically stop and think "Wait, could I use Lobot here instead?" Not only does it give you a piece with Override for just 7 points, but it allows for that customization. Perhaps you go against Jedi with really high defenses. Well, it might be better to just bring in Ugnaughts for activations, or Aqualish Assassins (which are really nasty with Han ST). Or Wicket if you want your Rancor to have a better shot at hitting those big Jedi. Or a Med Droid for further healing on the Rancor. The options are awesome.

On top of the fact that whatever you bring in with Lobot do not count for victory points when they are killed. So, in a DCI game, your opponent has to make the choice to knock out your cheap (free) shooters that are sitting behind the Rancor being annoying, but get no points for them, or go after the Rancor and hope they can kill it before the shooters do too much damage. Free points from Lobot are a GREAT way to make the opponent make some tough choices.

Come to think of it, a good mix of Reinforcements might be Wicket, Aqualish Assassin, and a Nikto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

good info! Wicket is a good idea, I was only hitting Vader U about 1/3 of the time...

I usually play against Mandos, and high damage shooters. A fett of some sort is in EVERY game I play against a friend of mine. I also get stuck playing against jedi hunters like Aurra all of the time since everyone I play knows I like playing with jedi/force users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:47 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL, sounds like you need to start trying out some new types of squads then. :P

It's pretty funny when you're opponents are all meta-gaming against you, and planning for you to bring Jedi, when you turn around and show up with Opportunist Troopers, or a Droid Army, or a Han Stormtrooper Swarm. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:41 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Kind of... I'm the only one that brings pre-designed squads. Right now I have 18 teams to still see action. I give them hints so that I don't overwhelm them... Everyone complains that I cheat because when I make squads they can tend to be brutal, so I kind of play nice.

I actually just finished a team that has no force in it and is build to dish out massive damage. I'll probably post it in another topic.