logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Force Forgiveness
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:19 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I made some squads "back in the day" when COTF came out with Vader, COTS and RS Palpatine, with stormtroopers filling in the rest of the points. It didn't work out too well, but that may change with FU being released.

I call it, Force Forgiveness :lol:

Vader, COTS 50 pts.
RS Palpatine 40 pts.
Admiral Piett 20 pts.
Felucian STO 16 pts.
Ozzel 11 pts.
Mas 8 pts.
Stormies x11 55 pts.

17 activations, split in half because of ozzel.

So basically the squad outactivates and outnumbers you opponent. You wait untill your opponent is done, then activate your 11 stormies. ( you may even get more, provided you roll a 6 for initative, which is easier to do with Piett )

The stormies attack for 8 attack at 20 damage. If they miss, re-roll with Vader for 12 attack at 30 damage. If they miss AGAIN, re-roll with Palpatine spending a force point, for the same attack and damage. It is best to wait untill vader's re-roll or palpatine's force re-roll to combine fire, to ensure you don't die, to not waste a force points, and to not waste combining fire. You have a huge number of attack rolls, you outactivate your opponent with 11 stormtroopers with 24 defense, and under the right conditons can shoot for 30 damage each.

And don't forget lightning and Vader. :wink:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:10 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

If you take Raxus Prime Troopers instead of stormies, the chance to hit goes up. Lose a def, but meh.

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

You have to choose to combine fire when you make the initial attack roll. You cannot choose to add combined fire whenever you use Vader or Palpatine's CEs to re-roll. With both of those CEs you are simply doing a "Re-roll", which means you get to roll the dice again, ignoring the first result, but keeping the situation exactly the same (same target, same attack bonus, same special abilities, same combined fire, if any).

Still, a +12 (or +13 if you use the RPTs) for 30 damage is pretty sweet. You might try considering using an Evo Trooper or two though. You'd have a +15 for 50 damage with Piett and Vader!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Even just one or two evo troopers really cuts down on activaitons, and shooter power. The fact that combining fire still stacks with the re-rolls is really cool though. I didn't know that. :D

And I chose to use the regular stormies because they need all the defense they can get, considering they only have 10 HP. And it's a lot easier to get 11 stormies than 11 raxus prime troopers, but you can change to squad however you'd like when you use it.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

True on the STs vs RPTs. But you're talking the difference between 22 and 23 defense, tying with the highest Jedi in the game. So, a 22 defense still means character's like Boba Fett still only have a 50% chance of hitting them. Plus, if you run up against anybody with Force Powers or non-attacking damage (like missles, etc.) then having the extra defense will make no difference at all. Might be worth just running some STs and some RPTs, instead of all of one or the other.

I don't really think you need to worry about cutting down on your activations either though. 17 is pretty high, even without Ozzel. I would definitely keep one or two Evo Troopers around though, as they would also be great for Ozzel's reinforcements.

The trick with combining fire and re-rolls is that you have to declare the combined fire on the original attack. Then, on the re-rolls, because you are just technically re-rolling the original result, all previous things stay as they were, plus any new bonuses. So, a ST with Piett would normally have a +8 attack. If you combined with one other piece, then it'd be a +12. If you missed the attack, and wanted to use Vader's CE to re-roll, now it would become a +16 attack! Good thing the Stormtroopers don't have access to Mettle. :P