22 Lieutenant Page
21 Commando on Speeder Bike
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
11 Ithorian Commander
9 General Dodonna
54 Wookiee Commando x6

200 points, 14 acts.

This comes off Tim making a comment about the Commando Speeder having some potiential. I'm 2-0 with this so far. Beat a Yobuck/Mace squad and a Gowk/Mace squad (Jeez, Mace is becoming our games Metron). Anyway I bring in Wicket and 4 Mouse Droids. Both games I was able to get some nice Strafes off with the Speeder. I'm able to set it up by both outacting and making sure the speeder is safe enough to not die in the first act. A charging/Strafing/Twinning speeder puts out a ton of damage when its getting cunning off. Sure its only at +10 but if your attacking someone with a 20 Defense and getting twin you expect to hit one of them, so that's still 40 damage.

Even if you get nothing from the speeder the wookiees are incredibly tough. My friend nathan got something like 10th at Gencon running Wookiee Commandos so its a strong concept. Each Wookiee does 100 or 60 damage on the move. Once they die you still have a shooting base of Crix, Han, Page, Rieekan, and dodonna to clean.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: --Page's Furry Axes of Doom--
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Does Charging Fire (Han's CE) stack with Strafe? If so, then your speeder is strafing 12 and then Twinning another target...not too bad at all.

You can Accelerate at the end of the first round, and then strafe to start the 2nd, if you win init. That 40/80 dmg strafe is pretty deadly. The thing is, you need to stay within 6 of a mouse droid, which will hinder the effectiveness of your 2nd-round strafe. It might be better to wait for the strafe until you have the time to set up your mice properly.

The squad will clearly require some skillful play and tactics, but it could be deadly when used properly. Crix is still some of the best 16pts in the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wait till the squib comes out, then giving relay orders to a swoop and having it be able to give you those CE's by zooming to the right spot will be ideal.

Rebels even have swap too, but I think it would be jamming too much in to try and fit that too.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thereisnotry wrote:
Does Charging Fire (Han's CE) stack with Strafe? If so, then your speeder is strafing 12 and then Twinning another target...not too bad at all.

You can Accelerate at the end of the first round, and then strafe to start the 2nd, if you win init. That 40/80 dmg strafe is pretty deadly. The thing is, you need to stay within 6 of a mouse droid, which will hinder the effectiveness of your 2nd-round strafe. It might be better to wait for the strafe until you have the time to set up your mice properly.

The squad will clearly require some skillful play and tactics, but it could be deadly when used properly. Crix is still some of the best 16pts in the game.

Yes it does. Han's CE let's you move double speed and attack. Strafe let's you attack while you move. So it becomes like a lancer that you can move 12 and get an extra attack. (Still can't strafe 24). But a possible 160 damage to one target is sick

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yep, and then you've got the big-damage wookiees for follow-up. It all depends on whether or not you can get enough out of that first (and likely only) strafe.

I don't play many strafe squads, so I'm curious to know if it's worthwhile to rush out and strafe on the 2nd round, or to just wait and set it up for a Twin Strafe a round or two later. Any suggestions on how that would go?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
Yep, and then you've got the big-damage wookiees for follow-up. It all depends on whether or not you can get enough out of that first (and likely only) strafe.

I don't play many strafe squads, so I'm curious to know if it's worthwhile to rush out and strafe on the 2nd round, or to just wait and set it up for a Twin Strafe a round or two later. Any suggestions on how that would go?

Outact and see what they give you. Just the threat of a HUGE damage strafe is enough sometimes for people to run into a wookiee death trap. Run in to kill it then you get disrupted and pounded into the ground by 6 twinning wookiees. Or don't kill it and eat a ton of damage from the strafe. Win/Win.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Weeks wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Outact and see what they give you. Just the threat of a HUGE damage strafe is enough sometimes for people to run into a wookiee death trap. Run in to kill it then you get disrupted and pounded into the ground by 6 twinning wookiees. Or don't kill it and eat a ton of damage from the strafe. Win/Win.

That sounds exactly like how I run my Imp speeder and Storm Commando squad. Except instead of wookiees you have Weir and shielded commandos.

Imps probably won't have disruptive, but they have board wide twin, with options for cunning and/or opportunist. Oh, and they have Ysalamiri and master tactician.

Love the wookiees though