Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:08 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

As is said on the wizards board when Drew posted a similar squad

YodaD
LukeU
VAR

Are set to be a well used combo. You've got two of the best pushers in the game, decent Melee, lots of HP and a lot of force.

The rest of the team is mix and match. The golan is an interesting addition but i'm not sure about princess leia unless your gonna use Luke as a shooter alot.

the version of this i like is

YodaD
LukeU
Var
Han Rogue
PL
r2
juno
Rauntaun
Obi FS

Rogue is your main Shooter with light tutor and Obi FS. Makes him a very decent shooter with Mettle Evades and attack rerolls. You got your init control to aid stuns as well as disruptive for a touch of antiswarm.
Loads of Force around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:26 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I would drop Lobot for R2P0 and more Ugs.

The comedic duo is just so much more valuable as a Disruptive Door Control (and even Draw Fire piece with Regeneration) than a guy that has to spend the entire game in "time out."

EDIT: I have heard Yoda of Dagobah referred to as the Energizer bunny, though I suppose that honor now better fits Luke and Yoda. :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:49 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

fingersandteeth wrote:

the version of this i like is

YodaD
LukeU
Var
Han Rogue
PL
r2
juno
Rauntaun
Obi FS

Rogue is your main Shooter with light tutor and Obi FS. Makes him a very decent shooter with Mettle Evades and attack rerolls. You got your init control to aid stuns as well as disruptive for a touch of antiswarm.
Loads of Force around.

I really like this version of the force-battery-pushing Fingers. I played an almost identical version (subbing out Juno for 3 Ugos primarily for activations) in a local tourney and it worked very well. It is hard to look at Han Rogue as a decent shooter... but when boosted by PL and Obi FS he can be quite formidable. He even defeated two Boba Mercs who attempted to trade shots with him.

While I think that your version may be the most balanced I have seen of the push battery squads, its possible to squeeze in Han Scoundrel from the original Han Cannon squad if you sacrifice your Initiative control and some activations like...

Yoda Dagobah
Luke Hoth Pilot
VAR
Han Scoundrel
PL
Obi Spirit
R2
Ugo x 2

This build has exceptionally high damage potential by combining the old Rebel high damage gimmick of Han Cannon, with the new Rebel gimmick of Force Push 4 batteries. Han Cannon even gains the bonus of being able to use Yoda's force for additional Mettle re-rolls.

Having Han's 4 accurate shots a round is also nice as it helps against one of the Force Batteries worst matchups that is Thrawn Ysalamiri shielding.

While losing Recon certainly hurts a squad that relies on Cunning, Han can likely still find some unactivated targets in the back thanks to Accurate, and if your opponent rushes due to having the advantage of initiative control you can counter by pushing their beat-sticks back with Luke and VAR.