27 Demagol
24 Rohlan Dyre
19 Mandalorian Scout
11 Mandalorian Scientist
10 Death Watch Saboteur
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 11 activations)

I love Pre-Vizsla with Mandalore the Indomitable. Twin Momentum for 80 dmg and Vizsla is good Melee interferance. Demagol with Twin from scientist and Momentum is insane! Rolan Dyre can get twin also from the scientist and Double twin for 120 dmg against unactivated targets at +16 attack. Mando Scout can also likewise do the same against activated targets. Mouse Droids aren't exactly neccesary, but are there to provide some cover/blocking for the Scientist. Even against Bastilla, the squad still has good damage output. This squad has got a bit of everything, and the synergy is great. Demagol boosts the Scout very nicely! Twin Virulent Paralyzing Poison is awesome when you can follow it up with a barrage of opportunist shots. I'd like input on ways to make this squad even better if anyone has some ideas on how to improve this squad against bad matchups. I'm thinking of running this in a tourney and am going to playtest it to see how well it works against top tier squads.

you can rate my squad on this link

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/117117/mandal-maulers

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Mandal Maulers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Override and squads with speed might be an issue. If I just take out your uggies and and lock you out till your activated, then that could make for a very boring game. That being said, it's the best use of Demagol I've seen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I like the general idea with this squad. Pre Vizsla and Demagol would be much fun with Momentum! Too bad there's not a cheaper way for them to get it.

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I like this squad quite a bit; it'd fit right in with what we've been playing in Atlanta since the new sets came out. It is annoying that Mandalore costs so much because I really don't think you'd ever get your money's worth. As is you have no override, which is always risky. If anything, I would say trade out Demagol for an R7 droid and either another scout or a gunsmith. Demagol is neat, and that poison could be nasty, but how often is he going to come through? If you replace him with an R7, gunsmith, and another mouse droid then I think that the weaknesses of the squad are largely taken care of without compromising the strengths.

Serious props for creating a Mando squad that actually makes me want to play Mandos!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

greentime wrote:
I like this squad quite a bit; it'd fit right in with what we've been playing in Atlanta since the new sets came out. It is annoying that Mandalore costs so much because I really don't think you'd ever get your money's worth. As is you have no override, which is always risky. If anything, I would say trade out Demagol for an R7 droid and either another scout or a gunsmith. Demagol is neat, and that poison could be nasty, but how often is he going to come through? If you replace him with an R7, gunsmith, and another mouse droid then I think that the weaknesses of the squad are largely taken care of without compromising the strengths.

Serious props for creating a Mando squad that actually makes me want to play Mandos!

I was thinking maybe the best way to deal with the no-overide situation is to drop the Scout and add in a Gunsmith and a mouse droid. The squad as it is doesn't have many activations, and the chance of me out-activating a squad are kinda slim. I love the combo of the Scout/Demagol, but i do need overide. I think Demagol is a much more versatile attacker than the scout is, and thats why I'd be hesitant to drop him over the Scout. Demagol is an excellent melee deterant with his counter push, and a solid attacker against jedi's and the ability to boost everyone else's chances of hitting a target with Torture -2 is to good to pass up. I built to squad with the mind set that I'm going to see at least 1 GOWK/Windu squad and it was built to counter it to some degree with Demgol and Vizsla. Most squads people are running now tend to be melee heavy and with lower activations than in previous years. So here is the squad with the Mando Scout gone and the Gunsmith and mouse in.

--Mandal Maulers 2.0--
68 Mandalore the Indomitable
29 Pre Vizsla
27 Demagol
24 Rohlan Dyre
16 Mandalorian Gunsmith
11 Mandalorian Scientist
10 Death Watch Saboteur
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

I'm trying to think of a way to put Lobot in the squad to give it override and a lot more variety to deal with other top tier threats that this squad has a problem with. I can see Nom Bomb squads and Lancer squads in particular giving this squad some trouble. Demagol and the Saboteur can handle 1 Lancer, but double lancer would hurt. If I could somehow put Lobot in, I could counter Lancer with having Figrin Dian in it to take away their twin. Not sure what the best way to incorporate Lobot is, but a thought I had was to take out 2 Mouse Droids, 1 Uggie and the Scout, and then I can have my Lobot and bring in a R7 and various other reinforcements. That squad would look like this:

--Mandal Maulers 2.1--
68 Mandalore the Indomitable
29 Pre Vizsla
27 Demagol
27 Lobot
24 Rohlan Dyre
11 Mandalorian Scientist
10 Death Watch Saboteur
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 8 activations)

Thanks for all the input guys! If you have any other suggestions, that would be appreciated. I'd like to know which squad has the best chance of winning a tourney, and what improvements to these two upgraded versions would be better.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.