logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebel Cannon... a veriation
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:34 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

So when the danville crew and i were on our way up to the Lansing Regional we were all talking squads and bouncing ideas off of everyone. One of the ideas that we had came up with is a veriation of the typical rebel cannon but instead of relying solely upon to range peices this is what we had came up with. Before posting this the same weekend that we were gone from our Local Game Store, another one of my buddies had worked on the same squad concept with a little bit of a difference. this last friday we went to our LGS and i brought out this squad i arrived late due to work conflicts, so the tourney had started and do to the small numbers i received a round one by. So Kenny, the buddy who is working on the same squad idea, (keep in mind me and him had never mentioned anything in regards to this at all) asked what i was going to play i showed him and said really really last week i was working on the same idea as well.So here is my list from this past friday, i realized that i may have an issue with it however i will tell it after i post the squad.

General Dodonna
General Reikan
Luke Skywalker, Champion of the Force
Han Solo, Smuggler
Princess Leia
Bothan Noble x2
Juno Eclipse
Lobot
R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
Uggnaught Demolitionist

The issue that i am seeing with this squad is that i have no mouse droids in this squad so it condences the squads capabilities being spread out. So i had been bring them in on Lobot or pending on the map just not bringing them in at all. I got placed on Rhen Var and worked to my advantage not to have mouse droids due to the size of the map and rooms, and was able to run the reactivators within the area that needed to be. But i am up for all imput, the squad did fairly well it got me to the final table. It was me versus Chris Elwell who was playing a Vong Variant, he had vong slayers who are pilots with klatoonian guy who gives the pilots speed 8 and evade and then backed it with TBSV so he had jedi hunting pilots with evade speed 8 and not to mention the other vong special abilities. the match was a very tight match was pushed to time and before gambit was counted i had him beaten by 5-6 points not very much however we were playing on the bothan spy network (i beleive is the name of the map) and he hid a character in the small room for gambit for 4-6 rounds and that won him the game

Post subject: Re: Rebel Cannon... a veriation
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

In order to use Luke, COTF, you need to use either RS Obi-wan or Obi-wan Unleashed. Force Spirit is essential for him to use Use the Force and Flurry. And over reliance on the Bothans and Leia for your damage output makes you extremely vulnerable to Advance Battle Meditation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:14 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I see the reasoning behind the obi wan that would make an enormous difference. especially being able to crit on demand is awesome. As for the other situation Bastilla, yeah she really puts a whooping on most squads with commander effects and really just jukes this one to hell, however this is just my thought, out of 25 people in the lansing regionals there were only 2 bastilla players in the entire room and they both just happened to be from danville, not stating that no one else is playing it, just using the rough estimate of 2/25 people thats not bad with a strong match up against some others as well, however it rolls over and dies to ABM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:27 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

MI is one thing, other Regionals will be different. The issue with the Bothans vs say, Weir, is that they are only good for their CE, which is a bit of a problem with the Rebels. With Force Spirit, not only do you get enough FP to use Use the Force, but you can do it on the Flurry now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well unfortainatly my next regional isnt untill around may, having some moeny issues at the moment so need to recover that and get back on my feet and then may be able to go again, unfortainly that does eliminate owensboro for me....sory guys. But on the positive side definatly gives me so capablities for working on this in the future since i really dont have much of a time crunch.

so your thinking maybe eliminate the bothans, leave leia since she is slightly competant as a shooter and still reactivates, and fill in the 34 points with maybe an obi that may fit, sorry my knowledge of obi's arent very much so i dont know how much would be able to fit in there instead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:14 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I think GM is better overall for damage and melee attacker.